Whiskers & Omarr

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
MissWhiskers

Whiskers & Omarr

Post by MissWhiskers »

As some of you know I lost Whiskers, my almost 2 year old quadriplegic cat, last month. Two days ago I had to put my oldest cat Omarr to sleep. He would have been 18 years old April 10th (an Aries like me!). I had him since he was about 3 mo. old - the longest I have had any pet - and much longer than a lot of relationships I've had! So I am really grieving! He was not handicapped(started having congestive heart failure and had kidney failure which had gotten much worse) - but you all know me through Whiskers and I hadn't posted about Whiskers on the Rainbow Bridge forum, so I thought I would do it now, together with Omarr. I asked Omarr to watch over Whiskers in heaven - that's the one good thing.

Karen
:(
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Whiskers & Omarr

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

oh, Karen, I am soooo very sorry. Both your babies.

They are indeed together now. I am so very sory for your losses.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww....Karen, I know this is hard. I am sure Omar being there helped you with Whiskers' loss. What a wonderful long life he had and you got to share with him. He knew that Whiskers needs him and they are surely together. Please take care of yourself.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I am soooooo sorry to lose 2 pets so close together, but yes they are both up there , together again.
wishing you lots of strength.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Omarr lived a very long life. When a pet has been with you that long, it is a big, big loss. You will probably look back on the years when you had Omarr as kind of an epoch in your life. I am sorry for your loss.
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thank You All for offering your words of comfort - they really mean alot to me! and I really needed that about right now!

Gratefully,
Karen :cry:
lcb2929

Post by lcb2929 »

I'm so sorry for your loss Karen!! I have a pitbull "Lovely" who is 10yrs old. I love her so much sometimes I think it might be unhealthy!! I have no idea what I will do when her time comes so I know this must be really hard on you!!
Les

Post by Les »

I am sorry for your losses. Take comfort in the fact that you loved them everyday and that they are together again and happy. You will see them again someday. :angel:
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thankyou both, Les and ICH2929 - I appreciate your messages! I appreciate every word everyone has written. I haven't been on this website much lately - right now I am struggling with trying to find a new job as my hours have been reduced at my current job and I am getting further and further behind in my bills! But someday when things settle down and I am in a position to handle it (and by that I mean financially) - I would like to adopt another handicapped pet - as it was SUCH a meaningful experience for me!! I kind of ended up with Whiskers unexpectedly and had NO IDEA what to do!? - but the fine people at this website guided me through the two years I had with him - my sweet innocent boy who could not have deserved the problem he was given!? I would never have guessed the love I proceeded to have!! I wish I could have had him much longer... But like I said, someday I will take in another handicapped pet.

Karen
:thankyou: