end of life 16 yr old toy poodle how to know?

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
puremutt

Re: end of life 16 yr old toy poodle how to know?

Post by puremutt »

is the diagnosis Pancreatitis for sure then?
would enzymes help?
please google Pancreatitis in dogs ! i want to help your snuggle baby!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Not pancreatitus yet, but doc says if his 'diet' continues it could well develop. I do have to google it again, been a couple of years. I believe it is painful, in addition to other things. Doc also laughed at Jude's last meal of two helpings of spaghetti and carrot cake. Said if she wasn't putting him to sleep, he would prbably get it. His clock stopped with a full stomach and a smile on his face.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
sandiebird

Post by sandiebird »

Shortie is doing fantastic! 16 year old 8.5 pound little white poodle of fluff. I added glucosomine condroutin to his water and reduced his arthritis medicine - looks like it was too much therefor he was panting all the time - plus I took out all salt - as that is really bad for dogs with cushings. It is like night and day - The thought of putting him down has totally disappeared from my mind - he plays, does a controlled fall of the bed unto a foan piece I got him. He plas and even walks around the apartment. I do not take him out in the cold and that may be helping him as well! Yahoo! Shortie is here to saty, LOL! At least for a while anyway - and I do spend more time on the floor with him as one person wrote - lived on the floor with the pet. We have a blanket and pillows down on the floor so it is like a picinic all the time. If I leave him on the bed wehn I come home he is on the pillows in the living room watching animal planet! LOL!! God Bless his little soul.

I am sooooo happy for you! Shortie and all our aging pups will have good spells and bad spells and we just keep trying things until something works or doesn't work. YAY ON YOU AND SHORTIE!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Christine

Post by Christine »

Such great news!!! A lot of us are cheering for your Shortie....a giant "Good Mom" award coming your way :trophy:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sandiebird

Post by sandiebird »

puremutt wrote:you know your dog best.
is he looking sad, not eating, not playing? then it could be time.
but otherwise if he's alert and happy he can live with a disability, with help of products that are on this website.
My first and only dog had to be put down a little over a year ago. I was also asking everybody around " when is it time" everybody answered me YOU know best .
Hi I am not too PC savy but wanted to say thank you as when I read your reply about living on the floor with your pet - I prepared my place and did the same. i liced there in the floor with him until the end. We had so much fun these last few months playing and he liked it that I was down there with him 24/7. Thanks for that - Shortie passed through the Rainbow Bridge and I pray he is happy and having the fun he deserves. Thanks again, Sandie
(Shortie: Dec 26/1994 - Feb 19/2010) I am gratefull to have been blessed with such a fun happy dog for 16 years of my life!
sandiebird

Post by sandiebird »

puremutt wrote:OMG karen :shock: you are SO right!
I lived on my floor the last years of my dogs life, sit next to him while petting him, watch tv or read.
in my next life I want to be one of your dogs.
Hi I am not too PC savy but wanted to say thank you as when I read your reply about living on the floor with your pet - I prepared my place and did the same. i liced there in the floor with him until the end. We had so much fun these last few months playing and he liked it that I was down there with him 24/7. Thanks for that - Shortie passed through the Rainbow Bridge and I pray he is happy and having the fun he deserves. Thanks again, Sandie
(Shortie: Dec 26/1994 - Feb 19/2010) I am gratefull to have been blessed with such a fun happy dog for 16 years of my life!
Christine

Post by Christine »

And he was blessed to have you to share his long and beautiful life with, especially these last months when you left no doubt in his mind that he was the luckiest dog and most loved dog in the world. What a blessing for you both to have share this transition time together. I believe that he is happy and healthy, running and playing like the pup he was, patiently waiting to see you again some day.

We all are here for you. We would love to see a picture of him too. Would you like us to move this post to the Rainbow Bridge for you?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sandiebird

Post by sandiebird »

Christine wrote:And he was blessed to have you to share his long and beautiful life with, especially these last months when you left no doubt in his mind that he was the luckiest dog and most loved dog in the world. What a blessing for you both to have share this transition time together. I believe that he is happy and healthy, running and playing like the pup he was, patiently waiting to see you again some day.

We all are here for you. We would love to see a picture of him too. Would you like us to move this post to the Rainbow Bridge for you?

Thank you for all your important information and words...please put anywhere you feel it is best as I am not too savy on this forum, chat, thing and find it a little difficult to get it all right....thank you that Rainbow bridge helped me alot regards, Sandie

Sandie, if ever there could be a good transition, Shortie had it. Shortie's last months were the most poignant and the ones you will remember with a smile and with tears. Roll around in the good moments, because the bad ones are right around the corner. When the bad ones hit, grab those good moments again and relive them over and over.

I am so very sorry for your loss and so thankful Shortie had YOU the most important person onthe planet right there. Right there on the floor.

Tears for you today.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!