Reva

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Christine

Reva

Post by Christine »

It is with great sadness that I share the news that this sweet soul has gone to the Bridge. I have only known her for a few weeks, but this has hit me as hard as losing Bailey - I think I actually saw Bailey in her face. I just received this from Diane, her original rescuer:
Thanks for circulating updates and good intentions!!!-- You know yesterday; Reva got the O2 machine and Jane's nutritional supports--I stayed about 4 hours last night--Reva had eaten earlier in the day but not supper--tho she did drink with some gusto--but still weaker---I too woke several times last night and finally got up at 4;00am

Spoke with Susan right after my bus route this morning about 7;45 and we agreed to call the mobile vet in Murrayville; Dr Shelton; to see if she could come out to the house--if there was a miracle to work we were willing but we did get Reva's signal of no interest in food last night---The Vet was working us in ; between 12---1;30; --I called in and my boss got someone to fill in for me on the afternoon route--which was a great thing because it was 3;30 before they arrived.

Reva was dressed in her gorgeous red fur. We had given her those green tabs and enzymes crushed and liquified and on several different occassions; she eased into a quieter sleep but mostly, it was that labored breathing. She wasn't too thrilled with the Gatorade at first; several days of that, but again after some hydrating orally which wasn't a lot--she rested some more. She was getting ready and we were anxious everytime a car turned in the cul de sac. Then we remembered there was nothing we could do about TIME--and all time is Present--if you make it so--and Reva was great at that.

She watched us a lot; followed Susans voice especially and each time her head was helped to the bowl--she drank like a champion. Yes; she was getting ready for the jumping off place.

Dr Becky was very gentle and a soft assuring tone to our Lovely Lady in Gorgeous red fur. First, the soft lay me down to sleepy town easy shot; a pause and then the one that opened the gate and that Girl Flew Home--where water is endless for the pleasure of drinking; and the Big Dogs Run--and we know it's the Heart that makes a dog big!!!!

So, today about 3;48 pm if you felt something near and dear; a slight breeze, a sweet thought; then our Girl in Gorgeous Red Fur was opening the sky. She wasn't Just a Noble Soul; she Is a Noble Soul-- She had grace---Undeniable!

She is buried in the place that became her home; Susan's backyard--and it was a lovely thing and when Susan is ready; she might want to share that. She has been up checking on the Girl many nights--she needs a rest--

It's Hard--but we just experienced a great love from a rare creature--everyone got it!
If you donated to help her, thank you very much. If you prayed for her or cross posted for her, none of it was in vain as everything to bring awareness and action will help another in the future. Hopefully, the donations we have received so far will be enough to reimburse Susan and Diane for their personal payments for Reva's vet visits. If there is anything beyond that, it will go to help other rescues.

Run like the wind, sweet Reva...thank you for giving us your trust and allowing us to love you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Re: Reva

Post by MissWhiskers »

:angel:
I am so very sorry for OUR loss! But especially to the ladies physically closest to her. Thank you for all you did for her!! At least she left this earth with SO many people caring for her!! She's kind of famous!
I only wish she could have had a better life for a longer time...
Rest in Peace, Reva! And thank you for sharing your SPIRIT with us for at least a little while, you beautiful girl!

:angel:

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

I thought I would post Diane's final email update about Reva. It is so amazing how many lives this little one touched in such a short time. I truly believe she was given a mission to accomplish before she left - I believe she did so with flying colors.
It's a sweet sadness--Reva was a Very special creature!!! On Sunday; Susan called about 8;00 and Reva was continuing to decline so we met at the ER clinic in Gainesville.

He ran blood work and yes the tumor was large but Reva's liver and kidney were in good shape; w/out expected elevations--he even said she was built to last as of course those of us who knew how she survived in the outdoors thru all the seasons with no guarantee of a meal or shelter knew about her.

Reva had about 4 days of food and worm meds in her body cause she only pooped once; on Thursday; and it was small. The Vet did a colon irrigation and got a small amount out; including dead worms---and then on the final wash; used some stool softner. When we got her home; soon after; she was ready for a walk-- a little unstable but she walked across the cul de sac--took a nice tee tee and a moderately large toxic; mustard colored pile of everything. That was the upper colon; most of the reamining 4 days food and debris was still working thru the small intestines--thus--a good Sunday afternoon; a light breakfast Monday ; no appetite for dinner, then a swift decline.

It was the path before us. Wished it could of been better quality for our Girl---Susan would of kept her for sure--If we could of gotten thru that acute crisis--we would of worked nutritionally with the tumor and you know what --we might not of been given any time--But we Might of. We clearly knew that chemo was not an option and surgery would most likely been unsustainable. And Reva Loved Her New Home.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Les

Post by Les »

I am very sorry for the loss of another sweet pet; God Bless you for taking such good care of Reva, and you'll be reunited one day and celebrate. Take care.... :angel: