God missed my sweet Coe...

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
troopersmommy

God missed my sweet Coe...

Post by troopersmommy »

"God's finger touched him, and he slept."

(Alfred, Lord Tennyson)
I can't explain it, don't understand it, can't figure it out...My sweet little cat Coe, that I told y'all about last spring, died sometime early this morning. She wasn't even 2 years old, was perfectly healthy, playful, beautiful, coy, and really beginning to blossom. I can only imagine it was a heart attack, maybe brought on by a shock from a plug or wire??? Nothing appeared broken so I'm sure she didn't fall. There was a small amount of "kitty poo" and a little bit of food thrown up near an outlet where I have a window unit plugged in. Maybe she played with the plug and was "electrocuted"??? I found her under a bench across the room around 7:30 am this morning, already stiff with eternal sleep.

I'll miss her so much. I miss seeing her sitting in the doorway to Trooper's room. We buried her in the garden under beautiful shade trees with lots of flowers surrounding her. She has her wings now and awaits our reunion. :angel:
Sweet Coe
Sweet Coe
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
sdrakkan

Re: God missed my sweet Coe...

Post by sdrakkan »

Oh no! I'm so sorry. It seems so unfair that our fur kids get taken from us so early in their lives. :candle:
http://sabrieldrakkan.deviantart.com/
http://sdrakkan.webs.com/index.htm
4 Ball Pythons, 1 Cornsnake, 3 Boas, 3 Tarantulas, 1 Quaker Parrot, 2 Tuxedo Cats, and 21 darling rescue Rats.
janew

Post by janew »

I am so sorry you lost little Coe...but she knew love here with you. I am glad you gave her 'her time to shine'. It hurts so much too lose one so young but if you had not taken her, she would have been gone without ever having a loving, responsible home. You gave her a gift of time & love. Again, I am so sorry for her loss.
jane
Christine

Post by Christine »

Pam, I am very sorry for your loss. It's never easy and we never have them long enough...it's always too soon. Little Coe is at the Bridge with the rest of our babies. Her job here was completed and she's bringing joy there right now.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

Thank you all so much for the sweet sentiments. For some reason, this loss is tougher than the rest, I guess because it was so unexpected. Thankfully I still have Fuzzy, Buffy, Jazzy, NorNor and Trooper... who's improving every day. In fact, for the first time since getting hit by the car and being paralyzed from the waist down...this evening he reached his back right leg up to his ear to scratch it with his foot. Amazing! My outside kitties are all healthy and accounted for as well.

My final conclusion about Coe is that she shocked herself into a heart attack, probably on the plug from my window A/C unit where it goes into the wall socket. That's where I saw a little "poop" and "throw up" on the floor beneath the window. Don't know how it was strong enough to kill her, but nothing else makes sense. She didn't have that look of pain, or sudden illness. She was across the room from the air conditioner, so her death wasn't instant. She just looked like she was sleeping on her tummy with her head turned to the side. No bites, no burns, no blood...nothing. No pee or poop where I found her either. We've covered the area where the socket is so the other kitties are safe. The A/C is working, but not cooling like it was. So we'll have it serviced or replaced. Too hot to take it out right now with the heat wave San Antonio is dealing with.

Anyway, thanks again, my fellow animal people. I'm so glad I have y'all. Even though my schedule gets so busy during the summer that I don't have time to get on the computer any more, it's nice to know you're all there with just the right words... as if I've been here with you all the time.
Love you all.

Pam (Trooper's Mum)
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Ahhh, Pam ... Ahhh, this hurts so much. I am so very sorry. Your baby girl... I am so very sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Shaz

Post by Shaz »

I am so sorry for your loss, it hurts doesn't it?

I will say this, God wanted Sweet Coe for a Sunbeam AND the good die young.

I will light a candle for Coe.

Take care..........
Sharon xXx
2 x 10 year old Pugs, Duke and Duchess. Duchess has hind leg paralysis.
1 x 3 year old Maltese (Terror) Terrior! Oly
2 x 5 year old Greenwing Macaws, Missy and Rojo
Living in Spain.