My Bailey

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
rookiemum

My Bailey

Post by rookiemum »

Sadly letting you all know my Bailey passed away this morning. He had been getting progressively weaker over the last few months, and over the last week he became more frail until Sunday morning he wasn't able to get up by himself. We spent the last two days saying goodbye, and went to the vet this morning. He passed away very peacefully in my arms.

Many thanks to everyone for your help, support, and friendship over the last few years. I appreciate all of you more than you will ever know.

Pam

My Bailey is running free................
08-23-2011 11;24;03AM.jpg
Christine

Re: My Bailey

Post by Christine »

Oh Pam......you and your Bailey are so special to all of us here. He was such a love and his experiences that you shared will remain a permanent part of our history. I can still remember when he first started slowing down and having problems and you steadfastly worked with him and cared for him and loved him despite those around you saying he should be put down. You and he knew it wasn't his time and you gave him the best life filled with love any dog could ever ask for and he repaid you with the wonderful memories he leaves behind. I love the picture you added, because that is exactly how I see him now...running free and smiling, no pain, no boundaries. Thank you for sharing him with us - he will be missed. Please know that you always have a place to come and remember him and continue talking about him :grouph:

Love,
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Oh, Pam. It sounds like everything went as it was meant to. You really fought the good fight for him, you were a true best friend, he could not have asked for more. You found a way through everything. You and Bailey, what a wonderful relationship. I am sorry he is gone. It's so hard not to be able to talk to them or pet them, but you can certainly remember him with love. I'm sorry he's gone, and I really hope you will still check in once in a while when you have a chance.
:angel:
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Thank you, it is hard. I'm thankful for my beautiful little boy, he cheers me up.

Pam
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

My dear Pam,
I came on yesterday after being gone so long, just to check on things an saw that Bailey had crossed over.......... just last week......
What a road you two walked down together for the last few years.
I want you to know that I am deeply saddened for you an your family.

Hang in there my friend ,Bailey an you were meant to spend the time you had together.
Caroline

What lies behind us, an what lies before us, are really tiny things compared to what lies within us........
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I knew our story would not end with Bailey, but this was not what I was planning......

I would like to introduce Sylvester (mostly black) and Hyde (mostly white). We adopted them the last week of May.
6-12 001a.jpg
Seth loves his kitties. We have so much fun watching them run around and play. I am amazed at how quickly they grow. My Bailey would have chased them out of the yard before they could say "meow", but I have to admit I adore them. :wink:
Attachments
8-12 004.JPG
7-12 020b.jpg
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww...Pam...thanks for sharing them with us. They are absolutely adorable and it is so much fun when there are two. They interact with you and cuddle and clean each other - nature's best tranquilizer is watching them together.

It is so good to hear from you!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I still think about my sweet Bailey. Having the silly kittens around helps me remember all the fun Bailey and I had before he got hurt. I am so thankful for all the support I received on this forum. :)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Ohhhh, aren't they cute? They look so contented already. I was about to say they don't know how lucky they are, but actually, I think they do have some idea. And that's the cutest picture of your little boy holding the kitten, too. They both look so happy. :hearts: Congratulations!
I love the story of Bailey...I always will. :angel:
Jean

Post by Jean »

Congratulations on the new additions to your family. I bet your Bailey is just thrilled that his momma has found someone to make her smile again. Jean
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What cute pics!! :wub: