Stripes

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Stormy

Stripes

Post by Stormy »

I joined here a few days ago, after looking up some information on my 4 year old cat Stripes, he had a stroke just before new year and lost the use of his back legs. I thought he was going to pass on the day I found him, he wouldn't eat or anything, the vet said a stroke, he explained he wasn't in pain and was comfortable, they told me to consider having him PTS because he couldnt use his back legs, but he would understand if I didn't want this, He went on to explain that he could make a full recovery but it wasnt guaranteed.

I made Stripes a little harness to support him when he walked. 1 leg was stronger than the other, 2 days ago he started eating properly, much to my relief.

This morning I was woken by him, screeching, his tail was fluffed up, by time I got to him, he had stopped breathing,

He was 1 of my best friends and now he is gone, I feel so lost without him, I have other cats, but they are more independent. My room seems empty, thats where he slept. :cry: