Schnitzel

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Dianne

Schnitzel

Post by Dianne »

It's been nearly 5 months since Schnitzel crossed the bridge. He was 14. I never could have done 8 years of care (expressed) without all of you. Thanks for the support and advice along the way. Love you!
CarolC

Re: Schnitzel

Post by CarolC »

Oh, Dianne, I am so sorry to hear that. You gave him so much love, played music for him, sewed him a warm winter cape, made his custom wheelchair a perfect fit, took him travelling, and expressed him a million times. You were patient when he had diarrhea, when he tore up the carpet in the hotel, and when the dryer almost caused a house fire. You brought what you learned to this board and shared it with so many people, and the light of your shared life with Schnitzel shined out to the world. There must be such an emptiness in your house now that he is gone, and you must miss his company so much. I hope you will see him again one day, and he will be like you remember him before he was injured, running to see you. I'm so...very...sorry for your loss. :cry:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww...Diane, I'm sorry too. 14 years is a good long life, but never long enough...never. Just think of all the families your journey helped - Schnitzel definitely earned his angel wings. Please take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

I am so sorry, Dianne. It is so hard to lose them.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Thank you Carol, Christine and Lisa. It's taken me a while to come back and post as a lot has happened before and after his loss. I'm well again, and wanted to thank all of you :thankyou: for your support while I was a mod, and after.

Schnitzel was a tough little dog who thought he was a Doberman in disguise. Some days it was hard work keeping him alive, but I'm not sorry that I did it.

Since Schnitzel was first diagnosed with IVDD, my vet has come full circle and heard about Handicapped Pets through the U. of Georgia where he attended vet school. He first told me that I'd bring Schnitzel back within a week to have him PTS. Thankfully, I found HPets and all of you. MY!! How times have changed in the last 8 years. We owe it to all of you mods and to Mark Robinson for his persistence at giving people another choice. Thanks Mark! You made a difference in my life, and that of Schnitzel's life. He had 8 more years of a good life.

I'm looking in my computer files for my fave photo of him....meanwhile, if you have a Flickr account, you could view the photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38776274@N ... 995243180/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Ohhh, his little face was all white. That is a great picture. :idea: You could be a pet photographer! :photo: Did you ever consider that? :D
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

No time to set up a biz in photography, but thanks for the compliment. He's shown holding a new musical toy. He loved music and had a favorite song, Grieg's "Wedding at Troldhaugen". He was my singer.

Carol, I almost forgot that I blew up the dryer! Once upon a time, I used the top of the dryer as the perfect height to express, and expressed into a pan or cloth. One time I shot a stream of his urine into a crevice on the top of the GAS dryer. It shorted out the dryer and the next time I tried to start the dryer it BLEW OUT a FLAME around the entire top!! :shock: So...we had to buy a new dryer...so what....it was only a dryer and not the house. :roll:

Yes, his little face was white. He lived to a ripe-old age, largely through the support of this board. :angel:

Thanks to one and all.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I remember the dryer incident!

8 years is a lot of extra time you gave him!

I'm sorry for your loss.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dianne wrote:How times have changed in the last 8 years. We owe it to all of you mods and to Mark Robinson for his persistence at giving people another choice.
Your years here as a moderator and the help you gave to people are part of the change. It was work that bore fruit, and the change is forever. Thank you...for being here, Dianne. :grouph: