I lost my Georgie today

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Georgiesmomma

I lost my Georgie today

Post by Georgiesmomma »

he died....my sweet sweet Georgie dies this morning..I do not know what happened! He was completely happy and healthy 2 days ago...he was handicapped pretty much since birth, he could not use his back legs to walk and it looked like he had no hips but he cold move and feel them...he was perfectly fine in every other way..he would scoot around the house usng his front legs, ate many times a day but was incontinent but yesterday he wouldn't eat and was pooping alot ...we always sleep together and when i woke up i saw he had pooped all night long he was awake but weak so i tried to get him to eat but he wouldn't and he tried to drink water, then he looked like he had the hiccups so i tried to help him by blowing gently in his face but it started to look like a spasm or trying to get air and he was dry heaving then...nothing he just stopped...i am devestated..this little guy over came so much..figured out how to get aruond without his legs, got over a bd cold and an eye infection...he loved me and i adored him..he would scoot his ltitle heart out to me when i came home or when he heard me get up int the morning so i could feed him..i bathed him everyday and he loved having his face washed...we played and snuggled everyday...why did he die today!!!!! why someone please tell em why he left me????
CarolC

Re: I lost my Georgie today

Post by CarolC »

Oh georgiesmomma, I am so sorry. It is so sad when a special needs kitty has someone who really takes care of them, but somehow they just can't stay. I don't know what happened, but I do know that whenever you see skeletal problems, it does make you alert that there could be heart problems as well. Sometimes the two go together. But you know, he had the best life he could living with you for his short time, and he was so lucky to have you. I am really sorry. I hope you have some pictures to remember him by. It seems like the more they need us, the closer we become, and then the harder it is when we lose them. I hope you will see him again someday.

:candle:
critters
Founding Member

Re: I lost my Georgie today

Post by critters »

Aw, I'm sorry. It seems to be the wonkiest ones that are just SO loveable! All we can do is love them while they're here. I'm sorry for your loss.