Wally

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
marilynb

Wally

Post by marilynb »

It is with sadness , I have to tell you that Wally has crossed over the rainbow bridge,Feb 3,2015. He was a paralyzed mini doxin, he was 14. I am broken.
CarolC

Re: Wally

Post by CarolC »

Dear Marilyn,

I am so very sorry to hear about Wally. 14 is a long life for a dachshund. Looking back, I can hardly believe how long it has been. He went down in October 2005 and you have cared for him nearly 9 and a half years. There are no possible words that can touch such a loss. He lived his full lifespan, only thanks to you, and I remember you had your husband to care for, too, so you were caring for your husband and Wally. Wally was such a lucky dog to be your dog. I am so sorry. I know you will miss him every day for the rest of your life. But you will have 14 years of memories, too, and you will remember him every day.

Here is a link where you can see all your posts on the message board in order, starting back in 2005. It is a good way to remember old times and the love you shared caring for him. I am very sorry for the sad news. I hope you will stay around, you are one of the longest members of the message board, you and Wally. Bless you both. I am so very sorry for your loss.

http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/sear ... mit=Search

:angel:
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Dear Marilyn,

You're such a caring person. Wally was so very lucky to have you in his life. There aren't many people who will care for a handicapped pet, and you did it a very long time. Fourteen years is a long time for a doxie- but never enough when you love something.

I also cared for Schnitzel, our paralyzed doxie, for more than 8 years. He was almost 14 when he crossed the bridge. The loss is terrible, but time does ease it a bit.

Take care of yourself. We're all thinking of you.

~Dianne
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss. To me, it's harder when a handicapper dies because it leaves such a hole--even the routines, the cleaning, etc. that we do for them are a gaping hole. :cry:
connie

Post by connie »

my heart cries for you Marilyn. wally was so loved and will be so missed.. RIP little fellow and run like the wind on all 4 legs... we all know and feel your pain. luv ya pal, call me anytime you need a shoulder to cry on....
connie
Christine

Post by Christine »

Marilyn, I cannot tell you how sad I am to hear of your loss. You and Wally are part of this family. Your journey helped many people you'll never meet. I know how empty your arms and your heart feel right now ....I do know. You were the best mom ever to this little one - you gave him a full life and he loved you every day for it. Please take care of yourself. Prayers for peace, comfort and solace from the good memories you shared. :grouph:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08