Other: Speck did not make it *PIC*

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
BethT

Other: Speck did not make it *PIC*

Post by BethT »

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I inform you all that my little Speck passed away this evening around 6PM. Around 4AM this morning she seemd to be in more discomfort then she was when she first arrived home. I thought the pain meds were just wearing off. After administering another dose I didn't see much change in her condition. At noon she peed right on our bed so at that point I rushed her back to the hospital. She was readmitted by my vet, he thought that she was a little "shock-y". Her temp was very low and she was in great dicomfort. Speck was given stronger pain meds by injection. She was put on a heating pad to raise her temp. My vet was monitoring her this whole time and updateing me. At 5:40PM he called to say we needed to get right over. Her temp had come back to normal but she was non response. He told me he was worried that it was a blood clot. We arrived to find Speck being given CPR. My vet looked up at me and said, "you need to come here and you need to let me know if you want me to stop" He said Speck had gone into cardic arrest, he had administered all the aprropreiate drugs to start her heart but could not. I told him to let Speck go. My vet really believes that a blood clot had gone to Speck's lungs (he explained in detail why). The only way to know for sure would be an autopsy but I did not want to do that. The surgery went great, the incision looked great. Probably there was some underling problem with her heart that was never detected. I am crying to hard to write anymore, I just wanted to let you all know. Thanks for all the prayers. BethT

Christine

I am so sorry. Please take care. *NoMsg*

Post by Christine »

CarolC

Re: Other: Speck did not make it *PIC*

Post by CarolC »

For Speck and her family.

pic10124.gif
Friend2Dogs

Re: Other: Speck did not make it

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Beth, I am so sorry.
connie

Post by connie »

awwwww, i am so very very sorry for your loss. heaven just got a beautiful cat angel. my heart goes out to you. she put up such a fight didn't she? take care, your in my prayers always. you did all you could and i know speck knew it and your love.

a hug for you,

connie and cricket
Carol T.

Post by Carol T. »

Your sweet little angel is in heaven now. She is completely whole and well again. I believe with all my heart that you will see her again. You are in my prayers. Hugs to you from the Ozarks.
Robyn

Post by Robyn »

Pulmonary embolus is the term for clot in the lung in humans. I looked up the symptoms for humans and low temp. is not one of them. Usually people with suspected PE present with extreme shortness of breath and chest pain. There are blood tests that can be done to confirm a suspicion of PE, and then a CT scan can be done to show it, but those are not 100% accurate. The trick is to get the diagnosis ASAP.
Speck may have gone into shock because of too-low blood volume; too much blood loss from the surgery would be my first guess.
A necropsy might give you an answer to "why?", but I don't know how important "why?" is right now for you. Whatever the answer is, it is most likely related to post-operative complications.

You did your best for Speck, and you gave him a wonderful life. In the picture, he looks like he hasn't a care in the world, and what more can you do for a friend?
Jean

Post by Jean »

Dear Beth,
I am so sorry about Speck. I know your heart is breaking. You tried so hard to save her by having her leg amputated. If she had not developed complications the surgery probably would have given her many more good years.

I know you are probably questioning everything concerning her surgery, etc. However, everything pointed to the surgery giving her a chance at a longer healthier life.

I am so very sorry that she didn't survive. It sounds like she put up a good fight. Please know that she appreciates all you did for her. Her desire was to spend more time with her family and you tried to give her that opportunity.

Know that she is at peace now and waiting for you. She is smiling down on you and THANKING YOU for all the many good years you gave her.

I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Sincerely, Jean
terry

Post by terry »

Hi Beth.

I know your heart is broken now and there are no words to ease it, only time will. Please remember that you did everything that you could, and also that everything happens for a reason. prayers for you now from me. Terry
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm so sorry for your loss; you did all you could.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Ahh, Beth, I am so very very sorry

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

tears first thing this morning... She is a beautiful soul. I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. She is just beautiful. I am so sorry...
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Oh Beth...I am just heartbroken for you. You did everthing right for Speck, God just called him. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers today hon.
Hugs,
Cindi
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

many many many soft purrrrrrrs to you
we are so sorry to read this :(
don't know what to say

bendy
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Oh Beth...I am so terribly sorry. Speck was just so beautiful. Speck was a cat who had the world at her paws. She was such a beauty. I'm feeling for you right now, as is so many more of us. We love our animals, don't we?? Maybe too much, but they attach themselves right to our hearts and they really complete our lives. I'm praying for you and please stay with us so that we can know how your doing and we can support you in every way.

Love
Stephanie Missy and forever Tama
LisainCAN

Ah NO

Post by LisainCAN »

Oh Beth,

I was offline for a few days due to problems with my phone line (I have dial-up) and I just read this. Oh my goodness, I am so so so sorry. I don't know what else to say. We will be thinking of you here.

Lisa.