Cosmo

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
BethT

Cosmo

Post by BethT »

Sadly, one of my special needs cats died today. Cosmo was a handsome black and white cat who fought cardiomyopathy for 3 years. The last 6 months he has been in heart failure and doing remarkably well on 4 different meds. He was really hanging on with the heart failure but suddenly this morning he could not breath. He was only in distress for the last hour of his life and he died on the table before my vet was able to administer the drug. He was sitting in the sun just a half an hour before he became distressed. We are quite sad but also glad that it happened so quickly and that we were with him when he died.
CarolC

Re: Cosmo

Post by CarolC »

Dear Beth,

I am sorry to learn that you lost your friend. Four meds, that's a lot to do every day, and with your work schedule, too. I am glad he did so well up to the very end. It will be a comfort to remember him lying in the sun his last morning. He was a lucky cat to have you for a mom.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Dear Beth,

I am so sorry for the loss of your furry boy. It sounds as though he was well loved and content until his last hours. Take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Dear Beth, Cosmo's mom, I am so very sorry for your loss of your boy. I am so very sorry. I am thankful he had you with him, and wish you the very best... I am so sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
BethT

Post by BethT »

Thanks everyone.
Beth
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Beth,
Please forgive me for being tardy with this. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty