Fripple

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
squirrrlly

Fripple

Post by squirrrlly »

I don't know how many remember my handicapped cat Fripple, but I'm writing today to give you some horrible news.
At the tender age of 4, Fripple died of a heart attack in my arms Tuesday morning. He had never showed any signs of heart problems. It was so unexpected. I am so devastated. He was like one of my own children. My heart is broken.

Susan Mangano
kodiblue

Re: Fripple

Post by kodiblue »

I'm sooooo.... sorry for your loss. I lost my Rottie Kodi at 4 yrs old to kidney disease and watched him waste away. We must remember that they are waiting for us and carry on the best we can. Take care, Lisa
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Dear Susan,

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I remember Fripple.... I am so very sorry! What a terrible loss for you and your beloved Fripple.
My deepest sympathies to you and we will see Fripple at the RainbowBridge...
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

Dear Susan,

I read everything about your sweet Fripple (that face is adorable) and how he let you put his shoe and diapers on for him. I know you had a special love and relationship with him. I am so, so sorry that he had to leave you so soon - it is always too soon, always. Please take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Oh no, not Fripple too!! So very many handicats have died in the last 6 months. :cry:

I'm sorry for your loss.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Oh, Susan! That's unbelievable! Not Fripple! :( Fripple was special and will always be special. Everyone who saw his picture loved him. Did you see that his picture is on the homepage of the message board, second from the top? I just love that look on his face. He's been watching over us all this time and will continue to. Here is his webpage for those who haven't seen it. The way you took care of Fripple was an example for us all. I am SOOO sorry for your loss. What a terrible shame.

http://handicappedpets.com/gallery/fripple11/index.htm

He is also in the Diapers and Male Wraps article. He is helping others learn to care for their pets.

https://www.handicappedpets.com/mediawiki/index.php/Diapers_and_male_wraps
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Hello Susan,

Although I don't know you, I know Fripple, the intelligent cat with the baby shoe. He just had the look of greater intelligence when you looked in his eyes.

Everyone knew Fripple. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Dianne

As I revisit Fripple's photo page, I realize whenEVER I posted a pic of a kitty in a diaper to show folks, it was always Fripple.
Susan, keep your eyes open. You may see him out of the corner of your eye, as you wake up in the morning.... Believe!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

Susan so sorry to hear about your Fripple kitty. But I truely believe he is still watching over you!
squirrrlly

Post by squirrrlly »

my friend posted this letter in another cat group that I belong to in the hopes that it may help me. I thought it was very sweet.

Hi everyone

My name is Fripple and I just recently made it to the Rainbow Bridge.

I know my Mom is still very upset, so I just wanted to take a minute and tell her that I'm really okay and having lots of fun here.

Mom, as soon as I arrived there was Andy, just waiting for me. As you know, he hasn't been here too long, but he introduced me to lots of other kitties who are here.

There was Beaker, Bugsy, Misty, Simon and Tasha just to name a few.
There is even a really big guy, named Big Boy. He said you met his Mom when she came to the United States. Big Boy was just a couple of years older that me when he came here, and just like you, his Mom was so upset because he had to leave so suddenly.

I know that you are feeling bad Mom because you miss me. I can't really help you too much with that emotion but it seems you also feel bad because you felt you could somehow stop my trip to the bridge. And you shouldn't feel so bad, because it's God who makes these decisions and not humans. You gave me such a wonderful life over the last four years, you and Dad, and Lindsey and Erin. I just want you to smile over those memories - like when you would take me to see Pop at the nursing home. It made me feel really special. I know you are probably Cry Cry again, but I'm not sad, because I had all of those wonderful times.

Some angels came and gave me a little catnip for the trip and before I knew it I was here. It's really cool here Mom, because Andy and I don't even need to wear our diapers and I can feel the grass on my paws when we run around together.

All of the animals are so friendly. I even met a black and white Springer Spaniel named Barnaby! Barnaby has been here for four years now and he says that you and his Mom are good friends. Hugs2
Barnaby hated cats in his other life but now he and I are also good friends.

Even some of the baby racoons and squirrels that you tried so hard to save, are here with us.

I hope this note will make you feel a little better, knowing that I am so happy and free to play. Oh jeez, Shock there goes Andy chasing another squirrel. Don't worry, it's okay - they actually chase each other.

Now take a deep breath Mom and go out and have some fun. Go listen to Dad play some music with his crazy friends and just know....that I really am okay! smile

Your boy, Frip

It brings tears to my eyes, thank you.
I wish my boy had written me that letter.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
squirrrlly

Post by squirrrlly »

Ok You all are going to probably think i'm crazy but the wierdest thing happened the other night. I was in the bath tub and I heard this clump clump sound that Fripple used to make when he was coming up the steps. I fully expected the door to be pushed open and him to saunter in to the bathroom and lie down on the rug and keep me company while I took a bath. I was actually holding my breath when the clumping stopped waiting for the door to open. When it didn't I was upset but it got me thinking that maybe he is still here. Has anyone else experienced anything like that, or do you think it was just a wishful imagination on the job.

Susan
Christine

Post by Christine »

As Karen always says...Believe. After a beloved cat of mine died, many a time, I felt the mattress move the same way it did when she would sleep with us and knead herself to sleep...oh yes, I believe. Bless you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

Susan, I too have had certain babies visit me after they went to the Bridge. One in paticular that I rem,ember is my sweet cat Peanut. He used to sleep curled up around my head on my pillow & purr & kneed. After he went to the Bridge I KNOW he was on my pillow letting me know that he was ok & finally (after a life filled with differant illnesses) well.
I just have yet to have my Weeber's pup visit me...oh I know he is happy & whole, but I still miss him beyond what words can say. Yes I now have his little (NOT! :D) brother & name sake, & Weebs & Weeble are as differant as day & night. Where Weebs is terrified of the people working in the house on the remodel, Weeble would have been sooooo PO'd at THEM disturbing HIM!
Sorry to get off the track, just am thinking alot about my boy tonite, & just wanted to let you know you are not alone, when it comes to our furkids coming back & letting us know that they are doing ok!