Dr. Buzby's Toe Grips

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
hholtzman

Dr. Buzby's Toe Grips

Post by hholtzman »

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using Dr. Buzby's Toe Grips? I am curious about how well they work, how long they last, and how easy they are to apply.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Dr. Buzby's Toe Grips

Post by Bobbie »

First I've ever heard of them. I know some people have used nail caps but for protecting nails rather than for non-skid properties. Let us know if you try them and they work.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I never heard of them either, but a neat thing happened when I googled them. A blog came up, and I know the person who made the blog. She used to be one of my dog's physical therapists until her neck started bothering her too much. She did a review of the product and gave it high marks. Here it is. (So cool, I didn't even know she had a blog.) :D :D :D

http://muttnut.blogspot.com/2012/10/rev ... -dogs.html
renee*mills
Rehab Moderator

Post by renee*mills »

The hospital I work at actually just tested this product. Dr. Buzby came to the hospital and placed them on a patient for me. I think that out of six patients we placed them on, they seemed to help with traction per the owners. I did have trouble with the Toe Grips falling off most of the patients. Dr. Buzby recommended applying them with alcohol verses lubricant to see if that helped. Honestly, I haven't tried that yet. Hope this is helpful.
hholtzman

Post by hholtzman »

Thanks for the imput! The blog was especially helpful. I will give them a try. :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What bizarre things!! :shock: Don't think they'd help us, though.