***** Litter boxes for handicapped cats

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
CarolC

***** Litter boxes for handicapped cats

Post by CarolC »

There is a low-entry litter box made by Purina that is excellent for handicapped cats who cannot step into a regular box...and for the past year we have been unable to find them. Right now they have them on eBay. I suspect it is a close-out where the eBay store bought the last of them and is selling them. As far as I know Purina is not still making them.

I just ordered 3 and they combined shipping, someone else I know ordered 4. If you want one, now is your chance. Please tell your friends who have disabled cats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2

If the link doesn't work, search these words:

Second Nature Dog Litter Pan Minature Breeds

seller is petstore-web

http://myworld.ebay.com/petstore-web/

They are the kind shown here:

https://www.handicappedpets.com/mediawiki/?title=Litterbox_for_handicapped_pet
https://www.handicappedpets.com/mediawiki/index.php/Recessed_litterbox
CarolC

Re: ***** Litter boxes for handicapped cats

Post by CarolC »

They arrived, they are great. Got them less than 48 hours after I placed the order. :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Oooo, guess ours might come tomorrow, then!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

BTW, I'm thinking of trying the bigger size for The Baby. http://cgi.ebay.com/Second-Nature-Dog-L ... 7C294%3A25 The low front will let her get in, but the high sides will (hopefully) give her something to lean on.

I also asked the seller if they were still being made, and the reply was that they think so. Regardless, they're VERY hard to find, as a rule. :thankyou: Carol for the info!!!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I ordered some of the "standard" boxes for The Baby last week, and 2 days ago we saw that Petco has their own brand of dog litterboxes that are similar to these. They're blue and of somewhat different styles, but anyway...
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Don't see them on their website. :(
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Beats me. :?
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

we rescue cats.... we are full to the limit and we pay for everything ourselves.... I now have some older felines, my LC (lapcat) is almost 20 and feeble in the hind quarters though the vet did not see high creatine levels suggesting CRF, so I came up with a modified iadea I had and have been using for her.

I will buy 18 gallon totes when there are on sale I just bought 10 last months, make sure you look inside for a smooth bottom, ot scoop litters gets messy to get out. then you cut an opening for the kittie to get in and out, if you have a "stand up pee-er" they can;t pee over the top and mess your walls or flooring.

for my old cats I just cut the opening panel low so they can easily get in and out and the high sides give them support.

also, some like the lid on, some will only go in with- out the lids. I also will use a nail file to file the plastic if there is rough spots from cutting them out. (I use an old steak knife.)

now let me see how to do the pictures....

Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

that is a great idea, and hooray for figuring out picts! :)

you are a creative lady, we want to hear about ALL of your crew!
and picts, we want picts too!

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Yes, creative ideas are ALWAYS in good stead around here! :D

I considered doing something similar here, but I was afraid my megasevere CHer, who really doesn't walk, would hurt herself falling on the edge. I got her some of the bigger dog boxes with higher sides, to lean on, but, of course, she hates them. :roll: Oh well, NOTHING goes to waste around here; SOMEBODY uses them!! :hysterical:
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

each toto will hold about 10 lbs or up to a jug of scoopable litters and I scoop several times a day. Ihave kities in a shed I call the "cat house" they are the males and the ones that spray saying... MINE! Mine! so they can;t be in my house. I have a 2 1.2 car garage that has not had a car in it for 8 yrs! some anti-social kitties stay in there
then I have a 3 level home and so many kitties pic a level and pretty much stay in that area. then I have my origianl cats and they are "roamers" they stay pretty much with me.

today I was up at 7 to get the 3 little females spayed I hate taking them and feel so bad but we just neuter all we can.

the 3 boys go on 9-11

will be so glad when the girls are home and safe and then feeling better in a few days.

I am tired I am not a morning person so I might not post too much today.

I will share my kitty fence if I can later.

blessings
Sue
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

We don't use scoopy litter anymore. I get Equine Fresh pine pellets at the feed store; I think the last batch was $6 per 40 pound sack, up from $5.25. Still, it lasts a LONG time and isn't slippery when wet, like scoopy. After a pee, the pellets turn into nice, soft, fine sawdust they think is magnificent.
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

wow! critter! I thought I was the only one that using the equine fresh! we can;t get it here all the time, when it comes in it gets sold out! but I use that AND the green pellets for gerbils and hampsters. they love it, .. and it is biodegradable. some cats need a coating of reg. scoop or what ever they are used to if you have trouble with them getting "started" with the new stuff.. as far as my horse, I hose the pellets down so make them into sawdust.. for the kitties just a day or so and it starts getting nice and soft.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Great minds think alike! :mrgreen: The feed store is a good distance away, so I usually get about 6 sacks at a time. Many of my monsters prefer a clean, empty box, but I put pellets in most of the big boxes. 1 big boy-pee pretty much takes care of turning it to sawdust. :lol:
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

I have a few older kitties just will not go into the pellets, but most others will I like the pellets for the gerbils as they have a clean scent ... I have a spray I use that is wonderful, I didn;t want to say too much and come off like I want to sell this stuff. but I love this stuff, I used it for 3 yrs and the man selling it said, "you'd be great as an affliate " I said no I am not up for selling it, I just love it and tell everyone I know. so again 2 yrs later he said you really need to be affliate. I said ok but I am not actively trying to sell.

well it is selling! and my one beef is this.... I do not know who is buying from me!

I have asked them--- how do I see WHO is buying from me, there is a click to show you and some thing on my machine is not allowing(firewall possible) me to see. I just want to follow up and thank who ever it was that have bought it.

so if the admins allow this I will just post the link. you do not even have to buy it through me, you can go to the main site..... it is just wonderful and it is the only thing that I found that works now and still works in a few days, you are not re treating! works great for kennels too. my neighbor runs the county dog no kill rescue and she swears by it (I gave her a bottle for Christmas...) :)

I have have as many as 42 cats at one time..... and company... that said I thought you had cats... HAHAHAHAHA that is when I finally told the guy ok I 'll do the affliate thing.

I once used fabreeze before all the warnings, and almost lost my "heart" kittie, you know which one, there is always one that is especially close to you, worms their way into your heart..... I have used smells be gone and many things. this is the best, and if someone knocks and I did not have time to clean a box, a spritz and a fluff and you are good to go.

so if it is ok I will post the link. if not that is fine, that is not why I joined.

I joined cause I love my animals and I can offer help and hope to gain some things I didn;t know about.

blessings
Sue