News about Trooper

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
Troopee

News about Trooper

Post by Troopee »

We are sad to report that Trooper has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. He developed urine scalds and other complications from his incontinence to the point that his bladder was backed up. The acupuncture and laser treatments did help him for a few days but then he was right back to dragging his legs and soiling himself.
We had a wonderful 15 years together. Trooper will be missed.
Thank you for your help and advice over the years.
critters
Founding Member

Re: News about Trooper

Post by critters »

Awwwwww!! I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I am so sorry. He was a very fortunate kitty to have such a loving home where someone would do so much to help him with his needs all these years. He got his full life in spite of his disability, because of you. I can only imagine how empty the house must feel now. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

:candle:
Troopee

Post by Troopee »

He was a very fortunate kitty to have such a loving home where someone would do so much to help him with his needs all these years. He got his full life in spite of his disability, because of you. I can only imagine how empty the house must feel now.
Thank you for your kind words. The part I can't get my head around is that Trooper was fine for 13 years. Then the ankle in his back left paw went and in less then 2 years it progressed up to his kidneys. What happened to bring the paralysis back :? ?
As parents we never feel like we did enough. We wanted to get him a cart. When we looked around at cats and carts we decided that Trooper would not tolerate "wearing" the vest or harness needed so we didn't get one. We could have learned to express his bladder and get him to accept baths. I wish we had.
The vet said we gave him an extra year. I hope it was what he wanted.

reposting this to the Rainbow Bridge forum
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I think the real truth is, no matter how much you do, you are always going to wish you had done more. Your kitty is kind of a miracle because normally a cat like that would not even have been given a chance, but with your care he had a long, full life. I don't know what caused him to develop problems after 13 years, but something unusual was going on. You and your vet dealt with it the best you could day by day, and you made every decision with love and your best judgment on a daily basis. I hope you will not second guess yourself when you gave him a lifetime of love and care that was individually suited for his special needs and did the best you could for him from your heart at every turn. You look back and wish you had done more because you love him so much. We always wish we could do more for the ones we love.
kathi

Post by kathi »

hey!! i am in the same situation! my dog broke her toes and i have had to bring her in every week to get a new cast put on! we are on our sixth and final week now! and after spending over $1000 i can not afford to spend another $300 to have her cast removed and new X-rays! did you end up taking the cast off on your own or did you bring her into the vet? i would love to hear any suggestions
kathi
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:whale: kathi!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Care Credit gives loans for veterinary care. The terms are good and they let you know right away if you are approved. You can apply at www.carecredit.com or many vet offices will have the application on file and they submit and you find out while you're still in the waiting room. Hope this helps, you are great to do so much for your pet.
:angel: