pet carts I build & give away

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
kitty_hope

Re: pet carts I build & give away

Post by kitty_hope »

:thankyou: do u know if healthy appitite is a good thing is not pooping? its only the second day vet said needs to by monday evening, i read about pumpkin, and syringing warm water in rectum i put petroleum jelly on it to take temp which is still a degree low, and i put a lil extra hoping may help her. she has to poop if doesnt by wed morning i can take her for an enema, thtd be 4 days, and she does eat more than they expected and has peed im so so worried. her little legs shake sometimes and sometimes flex and move without shaking. when she cries i reposition her and she purrs, she also licks herself alot, all good signs, yes? really alert, even with pain meds, but she cant walk
kitty_hope

Post by kitty_hope »

she pooped, i am sooo happy but her mobility in front legs is very limited, poor thing, the good news is her insides are for sure working properly and she is over the worst of it, We just dont know if she will walk on her own again, but she will live :angel:
MRSJMANKE

Post by MRSJMANKE »

I have a young kitten that I got on August 18 following a fracture in her spine. We think she may have been thrown from a vehicle. When I first saw her hind legs were splayed straight out she could not wiggle her toes, she could not draw her legs back under, she had no sensation in her tail. Since then I've been working with her with water therapy with exercising her legs. She now has The ability to draw her hind legs up underneath her, twitch her tail, and splay her toes. I bought a commercial walker for her however it is so large and cumbersome it scares her to death! When I lift her by her diaper she kicks her legs underneath of her as though she really wants to walk! She also scoots around the house from litter box litter box looking at me like she knows she should be in there instead of in her diaper-however until she gets strength in her hips and get her butt off the floor she can't go without a diaper. Have you got any suggestions?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:whale: As a rule cats don't really care for wheels, but, being a baby, your baby might be different. They usually like to do things their own way, but it can be useful to use wheels for some part of the day, as exercise, change of position, etc. Another possibility is using hydrotherapy (swimming) to help build her strength and coordination. Oh, I see that you're doing hydrotherapy. That's GOOD!