9 week old pup, trouble with joint/foot.

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
Lotsofsmoggies

9 week old pup, trouble with joint/foot.

Post by Lotsofsmoggies »

I have a 9 week old Springer pup, I have had him a week today. Now he seemed to have a bull dog look about his front legs when we got him home. But just in the last 3/4 days he has started to limp on his left leg (the right one as we look at him) when he stops he has the bull dog leg look in that leg only plus his ankle joint/ knee joint seem to double over his foot. The foot also tremors. The pad of the foot also seems to be flatter to the floor. He is off to the vets tomorrow in the meantime to stop my mind racing what could it be?

Here is a picture of him and the offending leg.

101 (640x426).jpg
CarolC

Re: 9 week old pup, trouble with joint/foot.

Post by CarolC »

You managed to describe it very well in a few words. I am not sure about the tremor, but it looks a little like this.

http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/p ... g_over.htm

The tremor almost sounds like nerve damage or perhaps pain trying to bear weight. That's not much help I'm afraid. I hope you will post what you find out.

Very cute little guy.
critters
Founding Member

Re: 9 week old pup, trouble with joint/foot.

Post by critters »

He sure is cute! I wonder if the bone is bent? I've seen a rickets-type bending before.