Most reasonable companies to purchase a prosthetic from

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
Vake

Most reasonable companies to purchase a prosthetic from

Post by Vake »

My puppy was born w 3 1/2 legs and I would like to give him 4 legs as he grows, however the cost of purchasing a new one every time he grows is a bit daunting. I'm just looking for some referrals!
critters
Founding Member

Re: Most reasonable companies to purchase a prosthetic from

Post by critters »

Personally, I'd try all the local orthotic and prosthetic companies that do work for humans and see if they're willing to do it. Local companies make it A LOT easier to do fit problems or whatever. There's also a fair chance they might get a newspaper article or TV blurb from it. My problem with a local was that he SAID he would do it and then wouldn't follow through. There are some companies that make a business out of doing O & P for critters.
Vake

Post by Vake »

Thank you for the idea!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

It's nice to be able to take him or her in for meetings, fittings, etc. If nobody will do it you don't have a choice but to go long distance, but local is preferable by far, in my experience. For my Buddy, we ended up having to go national for his custom splint; in fact, we did national, local (tried), national again.