ACL Injury needs splint.

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
WilroseEnt

ACL Injury needs splint.

Post by WilroseEnt »

My 65 lbs. 8 yr. old dog has had 2 surgeries for his ACL and it is threatening to tear again as he is often carrying his rear leg. I do not want to put him thru another surgery that may or may not be successful. I have researched splints on-line and they vary widely in price--from under $100 to over $1600. Has anybody purchased one of these upper-rear leg splints and did it help?
critters
Founding Member

Re: ACL Injury needs splint.

Post by critters »

:whale: I really like the splints here at HP. You might have to ask customer service which one would be best for a knee; I've used the shorter ones, like for paw contractures.
WilroseEnt

Post by WilroseEnt »

HP does not have ACL splints--their splints are for below the knee. So I have ordered one from a provider HP recommends and am awaiting the kit to make a cast so it can be custom made. Thank you for your note, however. I'm hoping my dog will be cooperative enough to wear one.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Interesting. I thought HP had one for a knee, but maybe they discontinued it, if they had one.