Jiffy Grip fabric for dog boots

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
CarolC

Jiffy Grip fabric for dog boots

Post by CarolC »

I was looking for the kind of fabric they put on the feet of kids' foot pajamas, and I noticed they actually advertise this fabric for dog boots! :smart:
:sew:
https://www.amazon.com/Jiffy-Grip-Stop-fabric-pajama/dp/B009WHFAWK wrote:
  • Stop slip! Built in safety action grip backing to prevent accidental falls.
  • Sew on bottoms of kid's pajama feet or soles of slippers. Sew on doggie booties.
Jiffy_Grip_fabric_white.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Re: Jiffy Grip fabric for dog boots

Post by critters »

You know, you can use silicone or puffy paint to do that yourself, although I'm not sure how well it lasts.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I was actually looking for tough fabric to sew on the seat of Dolly's diapers to make them last longer. You would think something that goes on the bottom of slippers would be durable. Do not know if the dots would create drag (making mobility harder). Did not find navy blue but there is another brand that comes in black. For now the idea is on hold. :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'd bet the dots would have a certain amount of stickiness to them. Because she bounces, I don't know whether that would matter or not.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

True, they would not affect bouncing. She sometimes drags her bottom when she is sniffing scents with her nose to the ground.

I suppose the sticky dots mostly stick on slippery surfaces. We don't really have any of those here. Everything is covered with carpet or area rugs except the floor right where the back door swings open. I imagine the denim in the diaper has a certain amount of friction/drag on carpet or grass as well. Something like smooth vinyl would be better if it would be durable, and it would reduce friction the best.

I'd be willing to buy some bedroom slippers at Walmart to cut up and use the soles for the seat of her pants. The only problem I can see is the diapers are constantly washed and dried. I used to drip dry but now I machine dry. I'd simply have to go back to drip drying.
FYI

Post by FYI »

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Some of Koi's shoes had been dipped in liquid plastic stuff, I can't think of the brand, for waterproofness and durability. It can come in colors or clear. I don't know if that would make her britches too stiff and uncomfortable. I'll try to come up with the brand or something similar. I got it at the hardware store and at Amazon.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

PS--You could paint it on, if you wanted to.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

It would probably be OK. It wouldn't be stiff if you just paint the seat area, that's all she needs. The description says something about peeling off though, not sure about that. :thinking:

:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

It didn't peel off of Koi's shoes.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Good to know!
:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

In fact, I think it sank into the fabric for the most part. The outer layer may have peeled off eventually, but he didn't wear them that much.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Well, if it sinks in and makes them kind of waterproof, that would be a good thing! :rain: