Kitten with deformed front and back legs

Orthopedic/Arthritis: Problems associated with joints, bone, and connective tissue, and CH (cerebellar hypoplasia), or brain damage.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Kitten with deformed front and back legs

Post by critters »

Ann Kelly wrote:Hello ! Recently when I gave a friend and her dog a ride to the vet, I saw and fell in love with a 5 mo male tabby kitten they called a "twisted kitty". I adopted him a couple days later, he is so sweet! He is affected on his left front leg only, and has little problems getting around or playing! Well, two days later the shelter called me and offered me his sister for free! She is twisted in mirror image to his left, a beautiful tortoise shell tabby with long hair. Her limp is a little more severe than her brothers. Of course I adopted her also! Since they were reunited it seems to be non-stop play time! Anyway, my question is this: can all this rough and tumble be detrimental to their health? Can their condition be worsened? I really don't know what to expect as they get older, either! Can someone help me learn how to help them!?
What cuties! :wub: I'd let them play; it isn't likely to hurt anything. The twisting might lessen or increase as they grow (lessen was our experience), and you can whack any claws that are irritating skin or catching on stuff. I'd keep a good eye on claws until you know how they grow. If the limbs are prone to damage or cause problems they can be amputated completely, but I wouldn't rush into it. My Lefty uses his as a clobber club, and it doesn't bother him in the least.
Christine

Post by Christine »

"clobber claw!" :hysterical:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sdrakkan

Post by sdrakkan »

What a CUTE BABY! He sure got the right human mom to look after him. No words of advice, other than let him figure it out. My Stewie did, and he never figured out that he was a special baby.
http://sabrieldrakkan.deviantart.com/
http://sdrakkan.webs.com/index.htm
4 Ball Pythons, 1 Cornsnake, 3 Boas, 3 Tarantulas, 1 Quaker Parrot, 2 Tuxedo Cats, and 21 darling rescue Rats.