scam to my classified ad I place on this site

Understand how to protect yourself on the web. A discussion of fraud, security, and virus.
Redeagle61

scam to my classified ad I place on this site

Post by Redeagle61 »

WARNING: I too placed an ad looking for a dog wheelchair for my beloved doxi Leo. I was recently contacted by someone that said they had a cart for me that I could have. The catch was all I had to pay for is the shipping. When I inquired to contact them directly to discuss further they would not provide that information. They told me shipping would be $100.00 direct to my door and I had to send the money first so they could use it for shipping. That of course made me suspicious as a former shipping clerk I know shipping a small doxi cart wasn’t that much. I wrote back and told them so and asked to send a actual picture of the cart and again wanted to know where they were. They in turn sent a picture of a cart from the internet and told me they were in Cameroon and again no other information of who they were. I wrote them back and told them not to play me for a fool and shame on them for trying to take advantage of someone that is trying to help their beloved pet.

So please beware, the email address that is responding to my ad is musgrove001@yahoo.com and the name on it is Musgrove Harville. This is the only information that I have been provided.

So please beware of any emails from this individual. We all love our pets and it’s a shame that someone so cruel would try to take advantage of us.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

If you search musgrove001@yahoo.com in Google and click "cached" and then click "cached text" you find the same person posting on websites in Spain and the UK.
Redeagle61

Spam from Musgrove001

Post by Redeagle61 »

yes I see that now, thank you for the update, I am planning on reporting him/her to the authorities.
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Escrow Services

Post by markcrobinson »

Thank you.
I've contracted for an Escrow Service to help solve this type of problem. Their link appear on each page of the classifieds.

Warm Regards,
Mark
Mark C Robinson
HandicappedPets.com
For Elderly, Disabled, and Injured Pets; products, services, and support.