need fundraising ideas

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
elderlypit

need fundraising ideas

Post by elderlypit »

Ok until the 1st of sept i am on a 0 budget so newspaper ads, tv ads, are out and apparently the radio doesnt care much since I have emailed them several times already :/

I currently have 2 donation cans out, thats all the stores that would allow them :/

I have thought about setting up a booth at wal mart parking lot but everyone that does this always has something to sell, cookies cakes etc. I suck at baking :/

I'm really stumped on ideas, luckily the PBRC donated $250 to the local vet but that doesn't help me get him to Carlton for his MRI and surgery :/

If anyone has done any fund raising in small towns with a 0 budgett before and has success please share your stuff ......
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

well we do a couple things

Post by Bendy Kitty »

yard sales or setting up at a flea market have been very helpful.
we have done a lot of Ebay, especially around the holiday season. You can get lots of nice stuff at discount store, the Dollar store etc and make gift baskets, then sell them on ebay.

the cafepress site is nifty. You upload images and put them on products. cafeperss does all the work, you can maintain a store for free if you just want one kind of mug, one kind of t-shirt etc. My store - which has many kinds of mugs, shirts, magnets etc, does have a fee (i don't remember how much but it isn't terribly high).
You design the product and decide how much you want to make on it, then set the price (cafepress tells you the base price for each item). I like it because they do the produciton & shipping. I find that I will get a bunch of sales, then none for awhlie, then a bunch more.

those are my ideas.
good luck!

bendy

oh, the site is www.cafepress.com
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"