im flat out and just about ready to lose my mind please help

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
marisa

im flat out and just about ready to lose my mind please help

Post by marisa »

hi
i am so sorry but i am holding on by a thread. no one seems to really understand how i feel except maybe the vet i am working with. my 13 yr old male fur heart(cat) simba just got disbeties. he and his mom spooky have lived with me for 14 years. i am disabled and have had 5 major surgerys last year including brain and neck surgery. i cant drive and rely on other people to take me where i need to go .

so here is my problem. simba is a brittle diabetic and we think he has an underlying problem ? last week ( i do his sugars at home because i also have diabetes) his sugars were spiking over 600 then crashing to 46. it would take me 6 cc of caro syrup just to get his sugar up to 106. then for about a week i noticed him going down hill fast. he was limping so much and having such a hard time moving. when i talked to the vet she asked me to bring him in for a recheck. she told me it would only run about 25.00. she has been such a blessing. she calls me at home practacly 4 times a week and talks to me for at least a 1/2 hr or longer. she tryes to keep cost down to a minimum. the problem is she is working as a temp for a vet hospital until hers is up and running.

so i brought him in . she found a mass under his leg. she did an xray and tryed to get the most of his body on it. she told me it didnt look bad or like cancer. thank you God. so she gave me a script for antibotics and anti unflamitoris. its been a week now and his sugars are stabilizing. at 3 units at night and 2 in the mornig. he looks like he is feeling better. then today he started acting strange again.

i am so stressed out about money , i have a credit card which i am only suppose to use for emergencys. i have allready charged over a thousand dollars and i dont know how i will ever pay that off. one of my friends looked like they were going to offer to help pay for his care but they have said nothing more since they saw me in such an emotional state except maybe its time for me to let him go. it seems like that is the only anwser my friends seem to come up with for me . they dont consider him an emergency , they just figure because i cant afford him i should kill him. im in so much pain right now because i will not put my fur heart , my companion, my friend to death just because i have no money. i will charge or sell whatever i have to help him.

please help me in what ever way you can. with words of comfort? words of ideas? ways to earn his care? chairitys that would heklp me with my criedit card? understanding? i just am so scared, the vet is the only one holding my hand right now and telling me it is not time to put him down . that she will tell me when it is time . that he is not in pain and is not suffering , that i am taking real good care of him. i need so hope besides her and im hoping i can get it here sorry its so long.

marisa companion of simba and spooky
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

oh, i hear ya.

Post by Bendy Kitty »

we spent around $15,000 on our Legume and convinced just about everyone we were insane.

it mostly went onto credit cards, we are still paying them off adn will be for a loooong time.

to help cover costs we have sold things on ebay, at flea markets & yardsales.

check out catsincrisis.org and IMOM.org and i think there is a sticky post at the top of this forum about different places to try. see if the vet will extend any credit to you. many ppl here know how to get supplies at lower cost than the vet, my vet lets us order meds online and faxes in teh prescription for them (it is often much cheaper that way).

many many many purrrrrs for you, i know it is heartbreaking.

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
SandyNY

simba

Post by SandyNY »

so sorry to hear about simba and the whole situation. Many more people these days struggle with the financial aspects of pet care due to the fact that there is so much more care avaiable. there are no right answers.
Since you also have diabetes, you do know that the other meds can affect the diabetes. so i am just thinking that maybe some of the weirdness he is displaying could be from the adjustments recently in his health plus the meds. hope he is back on track and feeling healthy soon!