Puppy born with deformed front legs

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
dmillion

Puppy born with deformed front legs

Post by dmillion »

I have a 4 month old Shih Tzu/ Chihuahua mix female, who was born with deformed front legs. I am looking for a very small front wheeled walker for her. She weighs about 3 lbs. now. Hopefully she'll get a little bigger. If anyone out there has one of these, I would be interested in trying to buy it, but can't afford a lot. Thanks, dmillion
reinhartspug

Re: Puppy born with deformed front legs

Post by reinhartspug »

We have a 2 1/2 year old Pug with deformed front legs, and she's about 10 pounds now. We're using a cart from Eddies Wheels, but you'll find that Handicapped Pets can offer a wide ranges of options for you too.

I'm not sure how much success you'll have getting a used one. Carts, especially front wheel ones are made fully adjustable, because it's so hard to predict how the dog will do in training, and as they grow into it.

We started with Daisy when she was 7 months old and she's still using the same cart, just adjusing hight, balance and the like as she grew.

Princess Daisy has a few pictures posted in the albums on this site, so you can see what she looks like in her cart.

regards,

-reinhart