Haley Needs Donated Wheels

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
SolidImaging

Haley Needs Donated Wheels

Post by SolidImaging »

Haley is a darling lab/Beagle mix who is about the size of a larger Beagle (35 lbs). Her sweet personality saved her life a couple of years ago when she was found abandoned. She spent just over a year in a shelter before she was delivered to me by a wonderful bunch of folks who drove her from Texas to Utah almost a year ago. We've since moved to Arizona. She was heartworm positive and considered unadoptable when I first heard about her from a volunteer at the shelter she was in and offered ours as her "forever home." (Some very Golden people stepped up to the plate and had her treated for heartworm. The treatment almost killed her but this little gal has a will to live that you wouldn't believe so she made it and is 100% cured.)

Haley has some issues with her back that cause her to walk and fall (more falling than walking). She needs to be carried much of the time since she can't do stairs or any floors except carpeted floors. An x-ray showed a crushed disk in her lower back. The vet said it isn't painful and, at about 13 years old, she's too old for surgery and physical therapy. That said, Haley needs some wheels. She loves to play ball but it's too hard for her to run so we play a very soft version of ball. She's the sweetest little gal on Earth and she loves everyone. It would be wonderful to take her to the dog park with the other dogs. She loves grass and being out and about (she's a bit on the snoopy side, actually).

We're victims of the economy (we've been living in a camper since January when my husband took a 60% loss of income when his hours were cut at work) so we can't afford any more than shipping; however, once Haley no longer needs wheels, we'll make sure they get passed along to another dog in need.

Haley isn't a large dog; she's probably considered medium at 35 lbs. If you have wheels to pass along, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
Barbara Jean