Good/Crazy idea...whatcha think?

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
FourFurryFeet

Good/Crazy idea...whatcha think?

Post by FourFurryFeet »

Howdy again! LOL

So, when talking to my vet about Harley's wobblers I told her about how I am making him heating rice bags and she said it was an excellent idea since it would help his blood flow and in turn help his swelling. Sooo, my idea is this. I have a website where I sell wholesale dog supplies and homemade treats and food...do you think if I posted them up there for humans and dogs alike people would buy them for donations to Harley's surgery? I'm thinking of not putting up a price at all and just saying that I am selling them for donations...shipping would be cheap since there fairly small. I am thinking of having options like the large medium and small and then I'll do the ones for the dogs that clip on and the blanket and yadda yadda! You think people would actually notice and try to help if they could or do you think people would just look at me like I have lost a couple too many marbles!?

Also, any idea where I can get a neck brace for a decent price? The Bite Not collar is what I am looking at since it's not quite as rigid but still offers plenty of support. Everyone that sells them is in the states though, and won't ship to Canada...eekk!! LOL I know, so many questions!! hehe Thank you!

Krista
Friend2Dogs

Re: Good/Crazy idea...whatcha think?

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I think it is a great idea!
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Lord, help me be the kind of person that my dogs think I am. "
CarolC

Re: Good/Crazy idea...whatcha think?

Post by CarolC »

Hi Krista,

HandicappedPets.com sells the Bite Not collar and I know for sure they ship to Canada because they just shipped a wheelchair to Ontario about a month ago. Here is a link:

http://www.handicappedpets.com/www/inde ... ollar.html

They also have some Bite Not collars in the Pet Bargain Basement (markdowns), I don't know if they have the size you need. Those would be nonrefundable, so you want to be sure about the size.

http://petsafetysupplies.com/index.php/ ... gory_id=12