Need financial help for a cat who needs surgery on back paws

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
ruangel

Need financial help for a cat who needs surgery on back paws

Post by ruangel »

I have a cat who was a stray that needs some help. Both of his back paws are injured. I took him to the vet and the vet recommended surgery on both of his back paws. His left paw will need to be completely amputated and his right paw will need to be the weight bearing paw, but it is also damaged and partially gone. I really want to be able to give him the best of care. He is a miracle in itself. He has had the injury for a while, and managed to survive on his own until being found. He does not have any infection and seems to be healthy other than for the feet. Surgery will be expensive and as a student the expense will be a hard hit. Does anyone know of any financal programs to assist with surgery? Your help is greatly appreciated. He is a fighter and absolutely delightful in temperament and deserves a chance.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Need financial help for a cat who needs surgery on back

Post by critters »

:slant: Make sure you see the sticky info here on the financial bb for ideas. Thanks for helping him!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Also, contact your local humanes and rescues. Ask them about any local programs. Get your kitty in the news. Write an article from kitty's POV. MySt.Jude's story raised money in 3 counties and 2 states, several newspaper articles and he was on television.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
countryfeline

Post by countryfeline »

I hope your new cat is doing well. I have a cat who was born without back legs. She had 2 different length stumps and one had to be amputated. That was 9 years ago. She does great on carpet and she scoots on her bottom on hard flooring. The vet told me her quality of life would be poor & recommend euthanasia but I said no. She is a great cat. She cat get up on the bed, sofa and race up the stairs. Sometimes she has some poo stuck to her behind but other wise no medical problems.

Have a garage sale, yard sale or sell some items on eBay to make some extra cash. Ask friends, family & neighbors for donations. Even rescue groups can have a special rummage sale for the cat. Good luck and thanks for helping the cat! Let me know if you need anything! Countryfeline@aol.com
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:red: countryfeline!