CAN YOU DONATE A USED WHEELCHAIR?

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
SheepdawgLady

CAN YOU DONATE A USED WHEELCHAIR?

Post by SheepdawgLady »

I am asking for help with my 12 year old male, Willie, an Old English Sheepdog. He is my mama's boy. My gentle giant. He weights 85 pounds. He is the child that God blessed me with. He is my only family. Willie is also a retired certified pet theraphy dog. I am very unemployed and would like to make his time left with me as comfortable as possible. He is very healthy except for serious arthritis in his hips. I also help him expel his urine. I would love to be able to afford to buy him a a wheelchair to make his getting around easier, but being very unemployed, I can not. We can't go for walks any more which he truly misses. He is still very alert, great appetite, hearing, sight, strong heart. Except for his hind legs giving out. I guess I am looking to see if there is someplace that has donated braces or even wheelchairs to help those who need. I am faced with helping him cross over to the Rainbow Bridge because I can not afford to help him any other way.I am 55 years old and finding it very tough to find employment. I don't know where else or what to do. I have failed the greatest gift I have been blessed with.