Roo Roo 2 legged Chi needs wheels

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
hug-a-bull-rescue

Roo Roo 2 legged Chi needs wheels

Post by hug-a-bull-rescue »

Hello, Im Roo Roo Image Im a 4 month old Chihuahua. My current mommy rescued me from a puppy mill when I was 5 weeks old. I only have 2 back legs. My vet says its a disability from inbreeding. Im a happy hyper little girl. You would never think I have a disability from the way I wiggle and get around. To me other dogs with 4 legs are just weird or odd looking. They have extra items. My mommy has had me spayed and my vet says Im healthy as can be. I do get sad when I cant run and chase the other rescue dogs. I whine and bark and get sooo sad. I try to hop and sometimes I roll but my dream would be to get a set of wheels so I can chase my Chihuahua friend Hannah. She's so fast but I know if I had my own set of wheels I could out run her anyday. My mommy doesnt have the $400-700 dollars it will take to have a kart made for me but she is hoping to find either a used one or one that can be donated to us. She spends so much money helping save dogs from shelters and getting them vetted etc. I know she would buy me a kart if she could afford it. If you can help me in any way I would be sooooo happy and appreciate it. Please help me in any way you can. Mommy has looked at many dog wheel chairs but finding one to fit a little 3 lb girl and also having wheels on the front is hard to come by. I dont even need a NEW one I would take an old one long as it gets me around. I have such a big yard outside and I cant wait to go out there and chase the other dogs and sniff the flowers. :thankyou: For reading my story!...Wags, wiggles licks and sniffs **Roo Roo**

PS you can see more pictures of me at http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm27 ... ewsberrys/
hug-a-bull-rescue

Re: Roo Roo 2 legged Chi needs wheels

I just recently started a Chip In to help Roo Roo. If you can help just by a little or a lot please visit her Chip In page at

http://helphugabullrescue.chipin.com/ro ... wheelchair

[chipin]3cb814fef98aab7a[/chipin]
FYI

Post by FYI »

hug-a-bull-rescue

Scooter is a cutie too. I hope he gets a kart as well. Thanks for sharing his page.

Ive talked to Carol at Eddie's Wheels and Roo Roo needs to be 6 months old (shes 4 now) so I have a couple months to help raise the money needed for her kart. Her Kart is going to cost just at $400 Im finding out :) YAYY not 600-700 as expected thanks to Eddie's Wheels AND to my rescue discount. You can also make a donation for Roo Roo directly to Eddie's Wheels just get with me on how to do that. That way you can pay the direct to help assist Roo Roo in getting her kart in 2 months. Heres what her kart will look like but smaller. Image
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What a positively ADORABLE baby!!! How about upright walking, like Faith? http://faiththedog.info/
hug-a-bull-rescue

She doesnt walk upright.. we call her TOP heavy lol she tries stand up but she rather bounce around bobbing across floors scooting. Works ok for now but she will do so much better when she gets her wheels :)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

You know, there is another style of front wheelchair that fits to the body more naturally. They are custom made, here are a couple of videos. I wonder if you could get a local prosthetics firm to watch these videos and make her something, possibly for less than $400?

Here is another one.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: http://www.dogwork.com/kan6/ (I think this one is safer with the third wheel so she can't tip on her nose)
[EDIT: If you do not see the video, be sure your browser does not block audio or video for the site. The video is there.]

Here is a way to take her for a walk without wheels.