Emmas broken leg - assistance needed

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
helpemma

Emmas broken leg - assistance needed

Post by helpemma »

Well, first post on this board, which I just found (amazing info by the way). Now, last Saturday (12'th) my mom was having a plant sale, Emma always gets excited when people come into the yard, she needs to greet them. She was running around the corner to go to the front gate when she slipped, her left paw twisted and she fell on it. It is an extremely bad break, its a dual vertical (don't know that medical term). We went to the vet as fast as possible. We got xrays done (which I will post below) and some pain meds and a splint put on her, and that cost $400. Now, we had three options, put her down (not an option, we love her way too much), plates/pins, or amputate. Now, to do the pins/plates or amputate would around $4000, we do not have that kind of money. The vet said it might heal on its own if we can keep her leg stabilized (which so far is incredibly hard, since dogs do have to go out side to do there business). We came to the conclusion that she absolutely NEEDS the surgery if we want to keep her. So, surgery is scheduled for this coming Thursday (24th). Now when we do this, we are going to be in the negative big time. I started a website about Emma, and in the last 4 days, we have raised just over $1000 which is amazing! Now, I don't know if we are going to be able to hit the $4000 by Thursday. It would be amazing if people would donate to Emma, it would mean so much.

Here is the website: http://www.help-emma.com
And here is the chippin.
[chipin]c98214db58173c7b[/chipin]
Attachments
Note: We swapped out this small dog bed for a queen sized futon, she loves it.
Note: We swapped out this small dog bed for a queen sized futon, she loves it.
04.jpg
Last edited by CarolC on Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed name at request of member