Needing to find some financial help for my daughters cat.

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
VampireHeart82

Needing to find some financial help for my daughters cat.

Post by VampireHeart82 »

I am not sure where to start. I have been trying to find some help with the vet bill their my daughters cat Pandora.
Let me start from the beginning. I adopted Pandora a few months ago (last August-September) from our local animal shelter as a birthday gift for my daughter. She came from a hoarding situation and has some issues with being kept inside. She will slip out any chance she gets just to be outside. Last Friday morning(the last day of school) my daughter and I were in a slight hurry to get her to school as I had gotten done late with a newspaper route I was subbing. We walked out to move a couple of things moved over in the car and she forgot to shut the door. I didn't even realize it at the time but apparently pandora had shot out passed my daughter on our way out. I barely saw it in time but my daughter was watching and saw everything! A truck driving past swerved over to the grass (where apparently pandora was sitting) she jumped to run and barely made it to the middle of the street. I freaked out of course! The truck kept going big surprise. But it took a min for me to realize that he had swerved over to hit her on purpose. I didn't know what to do I ran out to her and just stood there for a min. Pandora was just sitting there completely dazed, shaking and breathing so hard I thought she would explode. I stood there a min with her basically waiting for her to die. I have never seen a cat or small dog get hit and not die within a min or two. She just kept panting like crazy. I see another car coming from up down the street so I rush over and gen in mine and pull out into the street to block traffic. I stood there with her while trying to call my father I am not sure why other than I was freaking out. A few seconds later I snap out of it and start looking for something to put her on. The first thing I found was of course a trash can lid so I grab it, put my jacket in it and then go to get her. She hadn't made a sound up till then. When I touch her to move her it was like she snapped back to this world. She freaked out and started meowing loudly in pain. She starts to freak out. I took her to the first vet I saw. My vet lives over 10 miles away and I didn't want to try and drive her that far. They did exrays and such and we found out that she had severed her spine. Luckly it was close to where her tail and back link. So she is still able to walk! It was also really close to where the nerves that control her bladder are so they are having to express her. She has no feeling or movement in her tail or the top of her rear end so I was informed that she has to have her tail amputated. Money is really tight for us right know we just got hit with a bill for treating parvo last month and our finances are now depleted. So I really need to find somewhere to get a loan to pay for it. I was denied for care credit and the places on your thread that help financially are all closed to anything except life and death emergencies. I was not told one way or another but I am not under the impression that this is life or death. I was just told I have no choice. She has to have her tail amputated in the next week or two. I don't know where I can get enough money at the moment. I am trying to get her out of the vets to come home until the amputation but they are reluctant and every day she is there the bill just goes up and I am not sure what to do. I have gone to my family but they are under the impression I should just have her put down because it's not worth it if I end up having to express her bladder for the rest of her life which will be years as she is only a year old. It hurts me that they can just shrug her off so easily. I am willing to do what it takes I don't care if I have to do it for the next 15 yrs. However, there is a chance that has she heals her bladder control may come back but one way or another I know I am willing to do what it takes to keep her. It's not life her quality of life is gone the only thing she could loose is her bladder control. She is spayed and up to date on everything. Please any info/help would be greatly appreciated!
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.

St. Francis of Assisi