Scooter ~ Twisted Leg Syndrome

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
Tambrey

Scooter ~ Twisted Leg Syndrome

Post by Tambrey »

Good day,
I was led to this site from a friend at cathelp-online.com/forums

I have a kitten, born Mother's Day of 2012, yet we did not discover this kitten in the litter until a little over a week ago. Scooter has twisted leg syndrome - similar to the now famous Corky. Scooter's hind legs are crossed and his feet turn upwards on either side of his tail. Right now, he lives in a storage tote and comes out for exercise, play and cuddling. His exercise consists of a swim in the bathroom sink, followed by massage and gentle stretching of his hind legs.

Scooter needs a bath/swim at least 3 times a day, or every time I have discovered that he went to the bathroom. Since his legs are crossed as they are, he always goes potty on his legs, feet, tail and belly.

I have been in contact with the vet clinic in North Dakota that did Corky's surgery, and they are still in discussion as to the best way to proceed with this kitten. I am hoping to hear a reply for sure the middle of this week. In the meantime, I have set up a chipin page to start raising funds for Scooter. No matter which way we go with his treatment - braces/therapy or surgery...it is going to be expensive and I just do not have the funding available.

You can check his chipin page below, and that also has a link to pictures of him and regular updates! Thanks for letting me post this here and for going to his chipin page and sharing it!!

[chipin]f35a249679ffe2d5[/chipin]