Lucy was hit by a car.

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
weheartlucy

Lucy was hit by a car.

Post by weheartlucy »

"Hi, my name is Lucy. I am 7 months old. On October 11, 2012 a terrible thing happened to me.....
I wanted to run across the street to see another dog and thought I was being smart by sneaking around the back of the house to avoid the gate and just as my mommy caught me, a car ran me over. Its tires didn't run me over thank god but something underneath must have hit me and hit me hard. I don't know what happened.. all of a sudden I woke up in a hospital. I don't understand what's going on. I can't move my lower body, I can't tell if I need to go potty, and I can't feel my tail. My mommies love me very much and are making sure I get the best care. Please pray for me to come out of this paralyzed state.
My vet bills were very expensive and my mommies are struggling to come up with the money, if you can help us in anyway at all I will forever be grateful. I am strong and hope I'm one of the lucky ones out there. I am named Luc(k)y after all....."

http://www.weheartlucy.com

This is one of those things you hope you never have to go through. I don't know about others on here but this scenario is something that never once crossed our minds. It's only been a few days and we have no idea what is going to happen and whether or not she will regain control of her bladder/bowels, hind legs and tail. I have been googling like crazy trying to find someone that has something similar happen but haven't found anything quite like Lucy's case.

The vet advised that there was a 5% percent chance of Lucy being able to walk again WITH surgery. We HAD to give her that chance. She is the sweetest little puppy ever. She is so loving that she literally rolls over to everyone and every animal. How could we not love her the same? We owe it to her.

The good news for Lucy is that her spinal cord is not severed but it is however severely bruised. Whether or not this detail increases her chance, we are not sure. I'm sure these things are impossible to predict though and this is something only time and rehabilitation will tell.

Now down to what happened:

Lucy was a smart puppy and escaped going around the backside of the house because she wanted to go see a dog that was across the street. Her mommy caught her and was yelling her name unsure what to do while other people stood by/stopped and within split seconds a car came roaring up the road and must not have seen her because they didn't slow down or stop even after they had hit her. Luckily the tires didn't get Lucy but something else did.

Does anyone have any advice???????????? We are feeling a little in the dark right now. Please turn on the light.

Thank you.
weheartlucy

Re: Lucy was hit by a car.

Post by weheartlucy »

:thankyou:
Attachments
After Surgery
After Surgery