Chip in for Asthon's eye surgery

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Chip in for Asthon's eye surgery

Post by BendyMom »

Ashton is going to the vet for urgent surgery and I am trying to cover his bill.

I have seen a lot of occular herpes I have never seen it hit this fast and this hard. one day a little bit of eye gook, the next day both eyes grey with ulcers. WTF????? he came to me with a URI that cleared on on doxy, and he seemed healthy since then bang..this. i feel awful for him. I've been treating him with terramycin 2 x day and artificial tears 1 to 2 x day for a week, and pain killers. he sits with his head in teh corner of his cage. Then yesterday I discover that his left eye has actually burst :(
Now he doesn't want to let me touch his head, he jerks away and yowls. At least he is still eating. The buprinex is keeping him more or less comfy, the tramadol did not work well at all.

[chipin]fb30e43a69780fee[/chipin]
Attachments
Ashton before he got sick. My beautiful bengal boy.
Ashton before he got sick. My beautiful bengal boy.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
Christine

Re: Chip in for Asthon's eye surgery

Post by Christine »

What a handsome boy...sending prayers for him during the surgery. Sorry I called him Ashton.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

oh that is a typo on my part, his name IS Ashton :)
he seemed a little more active today, probably jsut the result of being on good pain meds for several days in a row.
i take him in tomorrow morning.

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

ASTHON IS HOME!
and his bill is covered! I have ended teh chip in. Thank you every single person who helped. blood work shows anemia, infection, hopefully treating him for hemobart will bring those in line. vet said that coudl also clear up the murmur. having a thyroid run on him too. will keep everyone updated.
he is PURRING, i haven't heard him purr in a week! he is active, like he has not been in a week! he had no trouble with teh surgery. both eyes did have to go, the oen which had not ruptured when I took him in self destructed when it was even lightly examined. my poor boy.

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
Christine

Post by Christine »

Bless his heart...I am so glad he is doing well. I know the fact that he is purring just warms your heart. This is going to be a foster fail, isn't it :wub: ??
?/1999 - 10/25/08
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

Oh the minute I brought him home I knew he was staying.
you see that is where I went wrong. I wanted to keep him, it cursed him.

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

This was a week ago...how is he doing now?
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

Ashton's eyes are healing up well
but he has bigger problems.
he has hemobart - a blood parasite that makes make anemic and can attack teh gut tract, liver and gums. he has probably had it fora while and was run down and simply had nothing to fight the eye virus with.
it is transmitted by fleas and treated with three weeks of doxycycline.

he came down with a URI again when he got home and then, worse, pneumonia. i heard that godawful chest cough/croup and knew what it was immediatley. fortunately i also know what it responds to. so he is getting doxy for his hemobart adn URI and baytril for his pneumonia .
then the food i had given him gave him the runs, so fine back to teh other food. no more FROMM food for him, no matter how wonderful it is supposed to be.

he is starting to be less depressed, I have him in Butterbean's 4 x 4 pen. Butterbean is confused by this, doesn't understand why someone else is in his pen! Ashton at least talks to me and asks for attention and walks around a bit. but he HATES his meds and between him and Butterbean there isn't much skin left on my right hand/forearm.

his mouth is bothering him too. I managed to scrape off a huge amount of plaque, he was surprisingly cooperative. I've been putting teh Tropiclean addidtive in his water and he is eating better now. this poor guy just can't get a break. i just want him well!!!

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
Christine

Post by Christine »

Wow...poor little guy. I just keep thinking how lucky he is to be with you. Get better, little man!!
?/1999 - 10/25/08