ChipIn for Bodie

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
superozzo

ChipIn for Bodie

Post by superozzo »

Well, my dog Bodie has IVDD and had to have surgery. I'm looking for assistance with the rehab costs that I am incurring. Instead of a chipin button, I've included a link to Bodie's blog where you can donate if you choose. Any amount will help! Costs to date are at $9300. He is currently doing electroacupuncture and laser therapy. He is probably going to need a wheelchair soon since we will be at the 4 week mark Monday and there are still no signs of deep pain. Thank you ahead of time!
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1640b3/
Christine

Re: ChipIn for Bodie

Post by Christine »

Bodie is beautiful! And he is so lucky to have found a family who has taken the time to understand him and give him the love he so deserves. I am going to put his story on Hearts to the Rescue to get you some more exposure. Have you thought of creating a Facebook page for him? This way, people can learn about his progress and share his page with their friends. If you do, please let me know and I will add it to his story on our blog. This story will get exposure on my own Facebook page and also Hearts Crossposting Facebook page and Twitter.

Bless you for rescuing him.
Attachments
Bodie_jpg_w300h300.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, I forgot to mention that if medication is upseting Bodie's stomach, check with your vet about giving him Pepcid to protect his stomach.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
superozzo

Post by superozzo »

Thank you Christine. I have thought about making a facebook page and I may. He is on Pepcid because of the medications he is on (Gabapentin, Prazosin, Cranberry supplement, vitamin B-12 supplement, Coenzyme Q, and Tramadol as needed.)
superozzo

Post by superozzo »

Hi Christine, Got Bodie's facebook page up!

http://www.facebook.com/bodie.alio

I screwed up and made his birth date too young so I can't make page public. Waiting for an admin response from facebook :cry:
Christine

Post by Christine »

I was going to ask you if you could make it public. Never thought about the age having anything to do with that being a problem - but for human's that is a good thing. Hope they fix that for you because you want lots of Likes and Friends.

Have you considered creating an actual Chip In page? www.chipin.com Just my opinion, but I think you might get more donations than just posting the Paypal link because so many people think they have to have a Paypal account to donate. Even though Chip In works with Paypal, it seems to be easier and more user friendly. If you do that, we can add it to the Hearts blog , you can add it to your blog and his Facebook page which will get shared, liked, etc. (I had a boss once tell me that if you throw enough "stuff" against the wall, some of it will stick.

His pictures say it all, he loves life and being with you is the most imporant thing - maybe you can add videos eventually. Keep your spirits up - Brodie will take his cues from you.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
superozzo

Post by superozzo »

Thanks Christine. Figured out how to add it to my blog but still figuring out how to add it to his facebook. Thanks for all your advice and assistance. If it wasn't for Care Credit, I wouldn't have been able to pay for surgery, so Im thankful for that!