Injured kitten

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
summers mummy

Injured kitten

Post by summers mummy »

Hi folks, only new here, but reading through a lot of topics & aeen loads of great advice now im hoping for some, if possibe!! On sunday our wee cat went missing & i couldnt understand where she could have went as she never ventures to far fom our back garden & our dog (her best friend), i went out looking the roads for her incase she had been killed, but no sign of her, anyway tuesday morning after leaving the kids to school she turns up, & i was so relieved to see her alive & home, but when ahe tried to move her whole back end wasnt responding, but she managed to drag herself up onto the back door step teying to gwt into the house, of course panic stations kicked in first thing i grabbed was was the washing nasket & towel & straight to the vets clinic, took in straight away & told ahe has received serious trauma to her legs & maybe pelvis with possibility of nerve damage, & was told its not looking good, so left her with the vet as they had to sedate her to do x-rays, got the phone call to say both legs broken :( one lower down & one was high & one lower down, as it was later in evening & still in shock vet told us our options of surgery & pts, so next day (wed) morning i rang vet to go ahead with the surgery, & rang the clinic after her surgery & she was doing good, had ate a bit but not much, rang again this morning & she was comfortable through the night & was told she was up looking round her both times ive rang, so i ring this evening hoping to hear that she can get home tomorrow, but have been told she wont get home unti she has pooped, surely she wont poop if she hasnt been eating for a few days.& with so many meds in her system cant be good either, is not pooping a sign of nerve damage, ive been told she might need possible amputation on one of her legs, sorry so long winded just so worried oh & she has been peeing, any feedback greatly appreciated thanks