Help Mr.Higgins walk again!!!

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
amberweber057

Help Mr.Higgins walk again!!!

Post by amberweber057 »

On May 5,2014 Mr. Higgins had a slight limp. He was taken to the veternarian immediately and put on medication. That same evening he suddenly lost complete use of both his hind limbs. After seeing a neurologist, he was diagnosed with T3-L3 myelopathy. Since I can not afford surgery at this time, his condition is currently being managed with medication. I had to choose this option knowing that without the surgery the condition could progress resulting in permanent paralysis. I was told there is a 90% chance that the surgery would be a success. However, the success rate decreases the longer he goes without the procedure.

Here is little background for those of you that do not know him personally. He is only 3 years old. In 2012 he was picked up by animal control as a stray in Kankakee. He was then rescued by a veterinary technician school. At the school he was a "patient" and assisted in teaching technician students. I fell in love with him the second I saw him walk into my school. They finally allowed me to adopt him, and give him a home like he deserved. He is great with my children and everyone he meets.

He has been through a lot and deserves a chance. He is truly my best friend. So I am asking everyone to please help. Please share this with everyone you know. If I am unable to come up with enough money for his surgery, which was estimated between $5500 and $7800, then the money will go towards a cart (doggie wheelchair). This way he can at least be mobile again and enjoy life. I know he has touched many and he is truly one of a kind. I really do love him more than most would understand. Finally, I want to thank everyone in advance for their help. Even if you can not help financially, you reading this and sharing it with someone else helps. Thanks again for your time, help, and compassion.
http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/h ... in-/179878