Help me help mo-mo *columbus,oh

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
melodyk29

Help me help mo-mo *columbus,oh

Post by melodyk29 »

VET TECK-REHAB-PET SITER please help!
mo-mo is haveing seizure 38 days a part. he had them 3 mo. apart before ivd back surgery.

My name is Melody Johnson and this is the story about my dog MoMo.
I adopted MoMo on my birthday 2005.(Aug 1). He was sick and over weight with a cold when I first bought him home, but i nursed him back to health. He lost weight, regained his energy and was a happy, regular playful dog. Just the thought of seeing him so happy and knowing that I saved him from being left at the animal shelter. Left all alone not knowing what his future would be made me so happy and proud, I decided to volunteer at the shelter. I wanted to help other dogs find a home so just like Mo Mo they wouldn't be left all alone, or in some cases tragically put down.
Because of his cheerful and readily trained nature i thought we would make a great
Therapy dogs team. But mo-mo had a seizure and we put that on hold. 3 different vets told me that the seizures were too far apart so at his age it could be normal.
On the morning of Oct 15 I went to take Mo Mo out for his morning walk.
He was always so excited to go out, he would roll on his back,kick his little legs in the air and do what I eventually called "The Mo Mo Dance"
Unfortunately on this morning he was laying by the front door. He didn't
want to move. When he stood up his back legs wobbled. He was able to walk, but not very far. He looked scared, and so was I. The only place open 24 hours in my area on weekends for pet emergencies is a place called,Med Vet of Ohio. I rushed Mo Mo there hoping that things weren't as bad as
they appeared. His condition was getting worse and I began to really get worried. Mo Mo was taken in immediately upon arrival. The lobby was full of people with pets who needed help, but Mo was taken in right away.His condition was bad. My heart began to race. Did he.have
a Stroke? I didn't know. All I could do is wait and pray. After waiting
for what seeemed like forever, I was taken to a room. Mo Mo wasn't
there. The Dr comes in, but he doesn't look too concerned. He tells me
Mo Mo has IVD Intervertebral Disc Disease.
http://www.vetsurgerycentral.com/disc.htm
Intervertebral Disc Disease is the result of degenerative changes, which can result in the disc pushing into the spinal canal. this leads to pressure on the spinal cord, causing injury to the nervous tissue, and pain. I was given pain killers and other medicine to help reduce swelling and sent home.
I was told by the Doctor that Mo Mo would be ok, but when i took him home the medicine didn't work and Mo got worse. He was sitting on his back legs and would not move . I knew something was wrong so I rushed him to my vet on Tue. She recommended Mo have immediate surgery to relieve the pressure on his spine. He had a Ruptured Disc.
Mo had surgery on Oct 17. He had a 50 to 75 % chance of regaining feeling in his hind legs as well as being able to have his kidneys function properly. He is only 4 years old, med vet needed $561.00 down to save his life and the rest when i picked him up . I tryed to get help but could not find any So i borrowed the money to pay for his operation my self ($2800)and try to save his life.
Mo is
recovering He may or may not walk again.
right now we have to empty his bladder.
but he seems to do some on his own some. so he need to be taken out 3 times
a day and checked to make sure he is empty. no steps-hills
or up on any thing . bike motion on back legs 3 times a day.
it is hard for me right now. I need some one who has a yard that can
take him out 3 times a day and make sure he is empty and can do his leg
motions 3 time a day. if some one can care for him. till i can get some
things i am dealing with out of the way. it would help out a lot i
realy don't wanted to give up on him or give him away. I just need help any advice too.
would help.
he does have a cart that was made for him.
he is a friendly little guy or big yorkie.
we are a one income household no yard so it is hard right now. i would like to fine a person to help take him from time to time. or someone who would want to give him a better life maybe a vet teck ot therapy trainner.
he does have feeling in back legs. but very little he is heeling very slow.

any advice or help.
would be a god sent at this time.

VET TECK-REHAB-PET SITER part time forster. or any advice
is thar a place he can go to recover and get rehab and care for free.?
MELODYK29@YAHOO.COM
Attachments
please help me help mo-mo
please help me help mo-mo
free-vet care advice-forster care needed columbus,ohio
free-vet care advice-forster care needed columbus,ohio
mo need help he has seizures he is recoveing from ivd surgery.He may or may not walk again.we have to empty his bladder. help in columbus ohio. needed.advice vet or vet teck.help.!