Suggestions?

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
luvmytripod

Suggestions?

Post by luvmytripod »

I have been offered a pretty cool gift from a dog-sledding friend in Alberta, which I can use as an auction/fundraising item: a 2-hour dogsledding tour for 4 in rural Alberta.

The problem is, I live on the other side of the country practically, and I'm not sure what the best way to advertise an online auction or even sale might be. Any ideas?
Jane Scott

Re: Suggestions?

Post by Jane Scott »

Hello Crystal;
How about offering the package to a rescue organization near the city/town where the dog sledding company is, for them to raffle off as a fundraiser? You could google 'Alberta animal rescue' and see what comes up. What a generous gift that would be; they would do the work of raffling the package off and all you would need do is sign it over to them. A win-win situation by everyone but especially the animals they rescue.
Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"
luvmytripod

Post by luvmytripod »

It's a great idea, but I have to admit that the gift is intended to help us cover some of Jaida's many recent vet bills! That said, perhaps they would be willing to split it with us...we could help out some other animals that way...

The gal who does the sled tours also does siberian husky rescue....the sledding in the winter goes to the rescue costs. She's got a wonderful setup at her place, beautiful dogs...maybe I could simply split the revenue with her? I know it would be used well...
Jane Scott

Post by Jane Scott »

Okay, so how about eBay - from my limited understanding it's not all that hard to register and sell something. I have a friend who does it all the time - actually supplements their income by buying items and reselling them (usually art type pieces). I've been following Jaida and your story and can sympathize with the burden of those vet bills. It was so wonderful seeing Jaida's happy grin in her pics. Hope you get a huge bidder for the pkg!! Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"