WANTED free or low cost subdomain to host a small site

For all financial topics related to handicapped pets, including fundraising, financial aid, affordable equipment, assistance needed, and items to donate. A list of financial aid organizations is provided here. This forum does not give financial assistance.
elderlypit

WANTED free or low cost subdomain to host a small site

Post by elderlypit »

I am building a small site "Jaz's Pit" to put his story on the web in hopes of generating some donations to cover his medical care. I only get paid once a month and cant afford to pay much until the site gets a few bucks in, but if it is possible to get about 5mb space to use and I send some cash through paypal next month it would be greatly appreciated.

Of course a link to who ever provides the space will be on each page with logo shown.
Christine

website

Post by Christine »

Hi,

You can create a website for free at www.tripod.com, it is by Lycos and the hosting is free. Good luck with that baby.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
elderlypit

Post by elderlypit »

does tripod still do the mandatory popup ads?

tripod was slow and I couldnt get the registration page to load properly :/

but I did remember yahoo :)
http://www.geocities.com/jazpit/
Last edited by elderlypit on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christine

website

Post by Christine »

Sorry, I don't know. Just know a good friend with little or no computer knowlege built a great little website with it and it does not cost her a thing as well as her website is a .com. Many of the free ones make you use domain extensions that no one can ever find.

As a website creator, you know that the next key is to come up with a name that will show up in the search engines in the first 10 choices..pitbull rescue..pitbull assistance..handicapped pitbull??? Maybe you can put up with the pop-ups until you find a better one just to get your story out there. Most people have the pop-up blocker now anyway.
Good luck.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

there are several free sites out there

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I used a freeservers version called tvheaven.
www.AndrewKeithAnderson.tvheaven.com
You can put so much in there, and have links. As many as you like. Don't know if you can link to paypal, but hey, you can link to your email and take the donations from there.
And tvheaven is free :)
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
mlthmp

Post by mlthmp »

Hi all.. I realize this is an old post.. but I am able/willing to help out in this matter if its still needed.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

mlthmp wrote:Hi all.. I realize this is an old post.. but I am able/willing to help out in this matter if its still needed.

:wow: :banana: What a nice offer! It's not unusual that people need help with such things around here, if you're interested. :thankyou: