Handicapped Pets Foundation 501c3 is looking for a new member of the board of directors.
For more information: https://hpets.org/index.php

Snuggle Safe Warning!!

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe lawsuit after house fire

Post by FYI »

https://casetext.com/case/tower-hill-signature-ins-co-v-lenric-c21-ltd wrote:
I. Background

Plaintiff Tower Hill Signature Insurance Company filed this products liability action on May 6, 2021. (Doc. # 1). Tower Hill alleges that Defendants Lenric C21, Ltd., Pet Supply Imports, Inc., and Amazon.com Services LLC acted tortiously in "selling and delivering a defective 'Snuggle Safe Microwave Heat Pad.'" (Id. at ¶ 11). The Snuggle Safe Microwave Heat Pad was sold to subrogee Kelly Smith in April 2017, and allegedly caused a fire at her home, resulting in "severe damage" to her property. (Id. at ¶¶ 17, 20-23).

The complaint includes the following causes of action against all Defendants: negligence (Count I), strict products liability - failure to warn (Count II), strict products liability - design defect (Count III), strict products liability - manufacturing defendant (Count IV), malfunction theory (Count V), breach of the implied warranty of merchantability (Count VI), and violations of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (Count VII). (Doc. # 1).
Tower Hill Signature Ins v Lenric.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe burned into the chair

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3DCNH0FC9MP74?ref=pf_vv_at_pdctrvw_srp wrote:
Customer Review
Tracy D. Furman
1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my mother for her outdoor cat ...
Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2014
Color: SnuggleSafe Microwave Heating Pad | Verified Purchase
I bought this for my mother for her outdoor cat. She warmed it up as instructed and used it a few times outside. The last day she used it was when it started to smoke and burned through the heating pad itself and into the chair she had it on outdoors. She was lucky enough to smell the burning and catch it before it fully caught fire. Not a safe product and she only had it for about a week before that happened. We were never able to get through to customer service because it was a foreign number. We did get credited from Amazon. Please do not risk your safety or your animals safety with this product. We bought a K&H outdoor kitty heated house and that works very well.

Pemalink https://www.amazon.com/review/R3DCNH0FC ... rm?ie=UTF8
Tracy D Furman Amazon review.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe leaked scalding hot goo, 2nd degree burns

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1NIKLD0GGLMXS?ref=pf_vv_at_pdctrvw_srp wrote:
Customer Review
M. Huber
1.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE SECOND DEGREE BURNS.
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2020
Color: SnuggleSafe Microwave Heating Pad
Typing this with my left hand because my right hand has 2nd degree burns. I microwaved it for the recommended time, and did not see that it had burst/melted and was leaking fluid. I grabbed it out of the microwave and scalding hot goo leaked all over my hand. I can't emphasize how badly it hurts. If it had not burnt me, it would have burnt my foster kittens and likely killed them. This product is NOT safe.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91nUsY+hyhL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91nUsY+hyhL._SL1600_.jpg

Permalink https://www.amazon.com/review/R1NIKLD0G ... rm?ie=UTF8
M Huber Amazon review.PNG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe melted her bed, blankets and crate [VIDEO]

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0014LJKUA/ref=acr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar wrote:
Customer Review
dee
1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 January 2021
Verified Purchase
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com ... VFbIJS.mp4
11/01/21
This is what is left of my puppies bed after using this product.
I followed the instructions to the letter, yet it over heated, let off toxic fumes & melted her bed, blankets & the base of her crate. The only good thing about this is that the puppy wasn't in the crate at the time. Had I not woken with the smell both of us would have died from the fumes, I received minor burns as I removed the bed from the house, have been sick all night & have a headache. Thankfully the puppy was under the duvet & did not breath in any fumes & has had no ill effects.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/910u-T5NSKL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/910u-T5NSKL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91XloO8l8AL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91XloO8l8AL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91fMtB52WhL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91fMtB52WhL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1-qseZrDRL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1-qseZrDRL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1i+b9iOzaL._SL1600_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1i+b9iOzaL._SL1600_.jpg

Permalink https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R16MENQ ... B0014LJKUA
Dee Amazon review.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe burst, heated following instructions

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R2TR4HQ7IA116B/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0014LJKUA wrote:
Customer Review
Nicola
1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Dangerous.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 May 2018
Verified Purchase
Extremely dangerous. This product should not be on sale.

The outer shell burst after removing from the microwave (heated for the correct amount of time following the instructions).

It ruined an expensive coat but could easily have gone into the eyes of a child or even killed a pet.

Permalink https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2TR4HQ ... B0014LJKUA
Nicola Amazon review.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe caught fire, destroying catbox and blanket

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R1ZSBY1X07LQWN/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0014LJKUA wrote:
Customer Review
Jenty and Duncan Munro
1.0 out of 5 stars Snugglesafe microwave heating device
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 March 2013
Verified Purchase
See my emails to you.Device caught fire,destroying catbox,blanket and device,almost the cat also.Had this been used indoors,the house would have ben ablaze

Permalink https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1ZSBY1 ... B0014LJKUA
Jenty Amazon review.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe under cat basket, everything set on fire

Post by FYI »

https://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B0014LJKUA/ref=acr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar wrote:
ina_sn
1,0 von 5 Sternen Lebensgefährlich!
Rezension aus Deutschland vom 16. März 2020
Verifizierter Kauf
Nach 3 Monaten Benutzung ist das Kissen unter dem Katzenkörbchen geplatzt, ausgelaufen, alles angezündet. Zum Glück kam ich gerade noch rechtzeitig nach Hause, alles war voller Rauch. Ein Schock! Und ich dachte, elektrisch wäre gefährlich, und war vom Kissen am Anfang so begeistert.

Permalink https://www.amazon.de/review/R6G5SJT4W9 ... B0014LJKUA

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81tvtFG3ApL.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81tvtFG3ApL.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zFdW8622L.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zFdW8622L.jpg
Google Translate wrote:
ina_sn
1.0 out of 5 stars Very dangerous!
Reviewed in Germany on March 16, 2020
Verified purchase

After 3 months of use, the pillow under the cat basket burst, leaked, everything set on fire. Fortunately, I got home just in time, everything was full of smoke. A shock! And I thought electrical was dangerous and I was so excited about the pillow at first.
ina_sn Amazon review.JPG
User avatar
FYI
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

SnuggleSafe $175,000 lawsuit by Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance

Post by FYI »

gov.uscourts.nysd.331485.1.0.pdf uploaded on https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/4nvv4z8c/new-york-southern-district-court/liberty-mutual-fire-insurance-company-v-pet-supply-imports-inc/ wrote:
8. During the evening hours of Februay 20, 2008, Ms. Leidy heated the subject heatpad in her microwave and placed the heatpad in bedding materials on the rear deck of the subject premises in order to keep her cats warm.

9. During the early morning hours of February 21, 2008, a fire erupted on the rear deck of the subject premises, causing substantial damage and destruction to the subject
Liberty_Mutual.JPG
gov.uscourts.nysd.331485.1.0.pdf
(564.41 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Post Reply