please vote

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
SandyNY

please vote

Post by SandyNY »

one day, this lady saw a homeless cat and instead of only saying "oh that is too bad" she was able to rally and organize everyone in town who gave a care and started saving the strays. she rents an entire house to home them and her and one other lady mainly do all the daily care. this lady is the type who cannot understand WHY the vet asks "is this one of yours, or a stray?" there is no difference - she uses her own money daily to feed and medicate ALL of them.Plus , in between, keep her job and overcome countless bouts of cancer - she has had non hodgkin, hodgkins, and more cancers than i could ever possibly remember - she survives them all because no other person would go thru what she does for so many cats.

some of you know what i go thru with vets - she does the same (we just compared notes and stories the other day) She takes cats for full teeth removals and then to a second , more expensive vet to confirm that all of the roots have been removed. she questions them on protocals and ethics - and switches more than I ( because she has more cases!)When there was an article in the paper about a place to be destroyed and all the strays and ferals that would be destroyed, it was Faye and her friend who drove out to Utica ( about 45 minutes from her home) each and every morning - before feeding cats, cleaning boxes , THEN going to work... every morning she came to tempt the street cats to come home with her. We all WISH to help - but she was the only one out there in a bad neighborhood crawling under buildings to retrieve the little ones - and then , of course, she is stuck with them! And she has to nurse them to optimal health...

I cannot believe that she and her org has made it to this level of the contest and hope you will vote so she can win.
anyways, here is the email i was forwarded:
Local woman Faye Bunk, President of Helping Animals Live Organization,
HALO, in Little Falls is one of the 10 finalists in Animal Planet's Cat
Hero of the Year Contest. The winner's organization will win $5,000. You
can only vote once, so please do so now and tell your friends. Voting
ends October 13. Please go to the Animal Planet website, look for the
Top Features section; click on Vote for your Hero of the Year. Then
click on the Cat Hero of the Year nominees and please vote for Faye.
Thanks so much! That would pay a big chunk off of our vet bills.

It will only take a minute!

Barb
Dianne

Re: please vote

Post by Dianne »

Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Re: please vote

Post by Bendy Kitty »

thanks for the link, dianne!

i voted.
$5000 would buy a lot of shrimpies! i really hope she wins!

Bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"