VOTE FOR LIBBY!

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
lthill12

VOTE FOR LIBBY!

Post by lthill12 »

Hi all,

My name is Lindsay and my 9 year old Yellow Lab, Libby, has PRA and is now
blind. Libby is also a Therapy Dog who accompanies me in visiting nursing homes,
hospitals, and libraries where children read to her (how ironic!). I am 19 years
old and Libby has been my best friend since I got her at 8 weeks old.

Libby is currently entered in the Cutest Dog Competition, hoping to be this
week's winner and show the world that old dogs are just as cute as puppies! If
we win this week, we get a chance to compete for $1 million. I would love to
share that money to promote canine health.

Please vote for Libby on her page,
http://www.cutestdogcompetition.com/vot ... 5630465CC9&\
page=1

You just need to register once and it's free. Please vote everyday and with
every email account you have! Please let everyone you know about this so we can
spread the word. It would mean a lot to us.

Thanks so much!
Lindsay (and Libby)
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: VOTE FOR LIBBY!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

It's hard to say who is more inspiring, you or Libby! Way to go! And her being a therapy dog is so wonderful. I always wanted to get my deafblind boy certified, but he cannot master the stay. I am so thrilled for both of you and Libby is beautiful! :wub:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

:confetti: Lindsay and Libby!
Diana R.

Post by Diana R. »

Lindsay:

Great for you and Libby being registered therapy partners. Have you read the book Brave Norman which is about a dog, I think, a Golden, who loses his sight, saves a little girl from drowning and goes on to be a therapy dog. Two of my special needs animals recently became registered therapy pets through Delta Society and Denver Pet Patners (which on 11/1 will be American Humane Animal Assisted Therapy.) Simon is a cat with paralyzed back legs while Tiva a dog has 3 legs and we tutor at a place called the Bridge Project which is an educational program for kids in the projects to promote them getting their high school diploma and go on to college. I have used the book Brave Norman in this program.There is another therapy dog in the program named Dare who is two-legged. He is missing a front leg and the opposite back leg which was the result of his treatment at a puppy mill. I wish I had started doing this many years ago. Good for you at starting so young. Diana