Bailey's Summer Cottage

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Christine

Re: Bailey's Summer Cottage

Post by Christine »

I either use flat, firm foam that I slide inside a blanket made into a pillow case or I fold a blanket so it is a few layers and soft. In her tent, I have one of those memory foams under two quilts. My goal is to make it as flat as possible but yet padded for her hips.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
tessa

Post by tessa »

christine...i never saw these pictures before.
actually...i've never been in the cafe before!

you did such a beautiful job. it's such a caring environment and set up. bailey was so lucky to have you.

over here...we call the cream cheese 'bailey balls'.
we revisit bailey's memory everyday.
thankyou.
Christine

Post by Christine »

I was the lucky one...I needed to share my memories of her as the one year mark draws near. "Bailey Balls... :wub:
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Oh, you guys! My heart just fills up with warmth and love revisiting Bailey's life, and your love for your pups.
Christine, for the rest of my life, Bailey will be a part of my cherished memories. Xena, too, Tessa. I watch that video in my mind's eye all the time. Your babies dazzle me.
Christine, I'm right here with you for your anniversary. Plan on something special that day and keep busy busy busy. Surround yourself with friends. Plant flowers and make some Bailey Balls. They sound delish.
Hugs to you both!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Think about Georgia that day Christine and how, thanks to Bailey and you, she is alive and happy and loved.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I hope Mickey is with Bailey, can you see them sitting there Christine, they sit paw to paw, talking about us and all the rugs we bought for them.
How they kept us busy with steam cleaners, diapers and harnesses LOL
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

puremutt! You are so incredibly helpful and supportive, I am so dazzled. Your baby has inspired so many, well, YOU have, describing Mickey's journey, and we lived in your life every single day. We will always live in your life. Don't ever think you can escape! One day, one day, we should have a CELEBRATION OF LIFE for our magnificent mutts! We miss them so much, but they are now frolicking, playing, and delighting in the freedom they enjoy. One day we will be reunited and one day we will ALL play, frolic, and delight TOGETHER! I will look for your Mickey, for Christine's Bailey, for Tessa's Xena, in addition to my ever enlarging group who has gone before me. We will have SUCH a party! BUT Christine, you better make a HUGE batch o' Bailey Balls! Party at Karen's!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

:oops: wow here I am , I think you are all heroes! taking in blind/deaf or mobility impaired pets ,taking such good care and giving so much love.
I could have never giving Mickey 2 more years extra if it wasn't for you guys.
I want to thank Marc for starting this website, you saved so many dogs/cats, the Oscar goes to.............. :trophy:
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Christine

Post by Christine »

Our babies did a great job of bringing us all together from every corner of the earth didn't they?

Lisa...helping with Georgia gave me the first glimpse of recovery from losing my girl. Georgia was meant to be with you and I am so happy everything is working out the way you wanted it to.

Puremutt...I am sure Mickey and Bailey are buds at the Rainbow. Thank you for always being so helpful and supportive to me and anyone else who needs it here. You are making Mickey proud.

Tessa..I always marvel at the fact that I have a wonderful friend and a second dog all the way in Austrailia. There's no getting away from the fact that Xena has a lot of moms here cheering her on and loving her almost as much as you do.

Karen...I would LOVE to have a big ole slumber party with all of us in attendance...Bailey Balls all around. You always know just the right thing to say to make us all feel better.
?/1999 - 10/25/08