Diesel

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Caroline

Diesel

Post by Caroline »

Hi ALL,
I just wanted to let you know that we have a new Boxer puppy.
I wanted anther fine black faced brindle like Buster but, ended up with a black faced fawn, he is not what they call flashy in the boxer world an does not even have AKC paperwork.
His presence has really helped fill the void in a boxer free household.

I did try to go threw boxerluv rescue, but the older dogs we wanted were dog aggessive and I did not want to risk putting Coco the coker or Grete the very old pom in harms way. Alot of the dogs also had valley fever an I just need a healthy dog now.

When I saw Diesel at a whims notice at 11 week old he had not had any shots an was underweight I felt we needed to rescue him. He was 12 weeks old yesterday an seems to be smart as a whip he will sit, bring back a toy and is pretty much housebroke Oh an is learning the word no lol.
I will download a picture in the near future.
Caroline

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-Ben Williams
Caroline

see Diesel

Post by Caroline »

Here he is.
Attachments
Diesel is home
Diesel is home
carmenlovesbabee

Re: Diesel

Post by carmenlovesbabee »

aaawwww! He is too cute for words. Look's like he's striking a pose :lol:
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

OH!!! He's beautiful, and so adorable!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

He looks very petable and cuddleable and kissable. Amazing that he's already housebroken. Congratulations!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Congrats!!

While one never replaces another, it's amazing how they can help fill the empty spot.
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

He is really sweet!!

Pam
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Thanks Pam,
But no he is not sweet all the time, I have wounds all over my forearms from play fights.He is close to 30 pounds now an turned 15 weeks old yesterday.
I hope your Bailey is doing well.

It is strange not posting much anymore an not being a caretaker to Buster also takes some getting used to.
We picked up Busters ashes....a couple of weeks ago an the heartache remains for now I just can't belive how much I still miss him even with the new pup an the girls.
My PC room is covered with his pictures. He was my top dog.
My pom Grete almost drowned in the pool at 3 am last week she can no longer see an is deaf as well, Coco the cokerspaniel ( good dog) barked like a maniac until I woke up to fish Grete out she was on her last leg an it took me nearly an hour to get her heart rate down.
Coco stood watch the whole time just like when she used to look after Buster.
The good in her makes up for some of her bad habbits from being a neglected dog before I rescued her.
Once again the doggie door is being blocked.
I know the old gal is going to leave me soon an join Buster over the rainbow.
But I can accept that ,I have been blessed to have her so long an will not let her go unless I am sure it is time.
So anyway hang in there with your fur babys warm thoughts for everyone
Caroline
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Caroline wrote: My pom Grete almost drowned in the pool at 3 am last week she can no longer see an is deaf as well, Coco the cokerspaniel ( good dog) barked like a maniac until I woke up to fish Grete out she was on her last leg an it took me nearly an hour to get her heart rate down.
Coco stood watch the whole time just like when she used to look after Buster.
The good in her makes up for some of her bad habbits from being a neglected dog before I rescued her.
Wow! :shock: How scary!!! Are you saying Grete is now deaf and blind from her near-drowning? If so, her vision and hearing may come back. I always hope my monsters would do that for a sibling.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

No she is old as dirt lol, almost 17.
An she had a hole in her cornea now she has one in her other eye as well she is rubbing on anything she can find. I have her on meds but there no doing much good to stop the problem. I think it is her way of copping with her failed eyesight.
She has been deaf for quit awhile as well.
She has always made it out the dog door even old age an blindness will not stop her from going outside to do her thing. She sleeps alot so I just let her be an make sure she can no longer go out at night.
Yes Coco is a dogs dog, Diesel has grown quit fond of her an she is helping me train him in alot of ways. However I am hopeing that he will not pick up any of her bad habits .
Thanks for asking :)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Thank goodness she was saved! It probably took a while to get your heart rate down, too. I think I'd have flashbacks or something. :shock: We have had 2 disabled pets drown here that I can remember. One was a blind dog that wandered into a farm pond and they did not know it and he could not find the way out. Your other dog deserves a medal! :trophy:
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

AWWWW Carol,
I'll make sure she gets it lol.
Thank you
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I'm glad Grete is okay, that is scary. My brother lost one of his dogs in their pool.

Are you planning to do anything special with Busters ashes?

Pam
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Hi Pam,
Yes like I had posted long ago my husband had three boxers when we first met the one I knew best passed at 11 years of age an Buster was my first boxer from puppyhood.
My Husband still has all there ashes I told him maybe it was time to let them go.

We have a wooden backyard gate that has a little hole in it , Buster loved to peek out threw the hole into the alley whenever we would say watch them Buster.
He always would puff up an run over to the gate barking an growling, acting all bad to look threw the hole ,it always made everyone laugh. Then he would walk back all stiff leged but with a big smile knowing it was a game.
We are going to take a large piece of MEQUITE an carve all there names in it and put it over the hole in the gate. Then we are going to spead the ashes all over the yard.

Caroline
Last edited by Caroline on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Be careful the dogs aren't out when you spread the ashes around. When Otis (cat) died we had him creamated. When I brought the ashes home Buddy and Bailey were trying to get at the little box, sniffing and jusy getting crazy. I kept it up in a cupboard until Emmie (other cat) died, then buried them both together (while the dogs were inside).

Pam