SARA01 GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

SARA01 GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

u here yet?
ok, good.
stand very very still.
here he comes....

Jean-Claude goes zoooooooooooooooming by in a black flash
then zooooooooooom the other way
then pauses and eats a bunch of crunchy food
then sees you
and in two jumps hops up to your shoulder an wraps his arms around u neck
smoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmooch

all on your nose

i feelin sooooooooooooooooooooo much better now!
lookie me!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! i am mom's lil wild man again!!!!!!!!!

smoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmoochsmooch

we luv you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean-Claude & Bendy & crew
Attachments
JCFlop.jpg
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
SAR01

Re: SARA01 GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Post by SAR01 »

Sorry Jean Claude, I can;t see through the tears.... I am Soooooooo perrrrrfectly happy you are feeling better. I look and watch my old LC Kitty (Lap Cat Kitty) now jumping up on the table and head butting us again! and I am so happy that when I decided to teach myself about the gifts from the earth, that I am seeing the good they are doing.!!!

tell your Mom, I have been taking a few drops for myself, so help with my fybromyalgia.

Hmmm wonder how my people lotion is helping your mom.. I hope she is feeling it working for her, too!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

mom seyz the ppl lotion feels very nice on her sore shoulders, but mostly she still uses the hot pepper rub.
it is good on her hands, too, where she does NOT want the hot pepper stuff!
she has been taking the yucca herownself just to see. can't tell yet if it is helping, but mom has been doin very well overall.

sadly, cutelilme cannot take the yucca.
mom was putting it in my fud hoping it help me out but last night i started puking everywehre. i am a very good lil bendy and ran over to puke off the side of the bed. i don't want to puke on mom.

she says it was worth tryin. i am veryveryVERY hard to medicate. she gave me some anti-pukey meds (metachlorpromide) and I stayed in my cage with the door closed for the day. I kept my fud down and slept in my hammock. i luv my hammock and spend most of the day there anyway.

she is givin it to a couple other kitties around here, too. no one else has had the pukies. just me, i'm special that way ;)

mom is so happy about Jean-Claude. he was chasin bugs and having a big time last night while mom worked. it is great to see him be his old wild self again! if you look for posts about him under "other problems" you will see what a long headache mom has had trying to get him to feel better for years.

smoochies to you

bendy

SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

thanks for the update, Bendy! I am sorry you puked! my Quin Kitty pukes up everything, too.
Pssst but she is my "special" kitty, I love them all, but she is my heart.

I am so glad Jean Claude is doing so well.. and I will try to find some of the older threads.

I am not on line much rescues 8 babies, and was able to trap and spay one feral mom, still have to trap 3 more but they are nursing and the vet said to wait till I am sure they are eating food.

I really need to find a way to sell my wares and things since we can;t get any help from ANY angency.

we don;t mind paying for it all, but 2 other times we caught and trapped and fixed and released.. but city folk keep dropping them out their cars. Grrrr!

sad note, I saw a car too far ahead for me to get license and make.... pushed out a full grown chocolate retrieve, (looked like a Chesapeake) and I was on the way to the vets, when I got home I looked for him, and my neighbor is the dog shelter lady for our county. we looked for him for 3 days, I found him on the 4th day.. dead in a ditch at the cemetery.. I pulled my car over and cried. more and more and more people in my area are abanoning animlas and it is not the pets' fault. so I help all I can but sometimes as my husband says..we just can;t save them all......
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

bendy snuggles up cutely on Sarao1' s lap and purrs.

no one can save them all. mom has to say no to many a kitty, sad but true.
there are lot of pets being dumped because of the bad times, the lucky pets are taken to the shelter or listed on craigslist.
i know it hurts to see pets dumped, and hurts to see them in ditches :( :( that is because you are a caring person.

we all do what we can, and what we can varies from person to person.

i hope your vet at least gives you some kind of price break!

headbonks and smoochies to ya

bendy

SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

I wish my vet or any I have called and used in this area would give us a break, but they don;t. I do a lot of crafting and also work out of my home so everything I make is used for the kitties.. I am blessed my hubs is still working and works at home and loves them all and says we'll help till we can;t help any more.

the one time we used a "neuter scooter type thing and got 8 done at once... we got PANLUKE and lost 13 cats in one week. :( so we pay the local vets and don;t go out much... but that is little to sacrifice when you are holding a purring bud on your lap! :)

Sar, scratching bendy in the special place only other cat people know will makes you smile!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

yikes!
panleuk is scary stuffs!
dumb question here but u not shoot them first?

oh
dat feels gud
oh
purr
purrrrr
PURRRRRRRR
Attachments
Bendyface.jpg

Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

um, wut is "going out"
u mean when mom goes to the store to get cat litter?

SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

we never used to do the vax ....never needed to and would not now, since most are all born here in the barn and then come to "live" inside the 8 foot fence . but we sent them "out" and when it was over one brought back the PAn luke. lost all the ones under a yrs old. but spent over 2000.00 getting the rest done, the clinic sent a vet and tech here to do them all at once. I was just a bit upset t say the least. but they wanted us to "put down" all.. even the ones not exposed. we said we'd take our chances and vax. and I researched every where, and thing is most older cats get immune or can fit the virus. anyway it is atill so sad for us to speak of, I have a page with all the pictures of them.

yes, by "going out" meaning to the store and errands.

we USED to go dancing and flea markets and craft shows.... now I pretty much scoop litter pans and cuddle needy babies.

today I need to "go out" :)

you are so Handsome Bendy!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

uv course i'm handsome ;)

panleuk is commonly called "kitty plague" i have known of feral colonies across the coutnry who have literally been wiped out by it, all ages. i think saying they get an immunity is wishful thinking for this particular one.
I understand many people are wary of vacc's, but that is a heck of a bug to dally with.
have you looked into the intra nasal/intra occular vacc's? they are much safer than the injectables. i do not know how they rate agaisnt the injectables in terms of effectiveness, tho.

we use the nonadjuvant vaccines here, which have a much lower risk of reaction (i was literally brought backto life after a vaccine reaction, i do not get boosters.)

its a sticky subject, i know, and i don't want to start an arugment. just gotta say my 2.5 cents. (inflation)

JC is here rubrubrubbing on mom's head.

mom takes the bendy store to flea markets & pet events, but she doesn't get to walk around them much. doing a supply run is a big event for her!

well, time for her to fall over for awhile. it hasn't been a very productive day but she is tierd anyway.

bendy

SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

hi Bendy.... well I think we got miss information long time ago, and it took the Pan luek to open our eyes, now I need to know if this is a shot they have to get every year? or just once and the booster which they all have now except the babies and they are schecldule for them in a week to 10 days.

I never want to live through that again, and it was 2 vet clinics that said the strongers ones will live through it. well, we had some live through it but they will always be arriers they said.

I can;t get a difinative answer if they all need boosters every yr or the one shot and booster was enough.

will ask about the nasel thing, too
thanks!

(it is not that I am dense, we just always have had such healthy kitties with my pro-well care, that I guess maybe that vet way so many years ago was a anti vax vet????) or trust me I would have done them each as we got them rather then all at one time!@

hope you slept well on mom;s tummy. :)

I have company coming tomorrow so more errands to do today!.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

you can save oodles of monies by doing your own vacc's.
we order our vacc's from www.jefferspet.com

initially you do a series of 2 vacc's 4 weeks apart.
we boost after one year.

the emergency vet who saw me told mom that the panluek vacc is very effective and lasts for 7 ot 8 years at least so iz ok for me not to get boosted :)

smoochies

bendy

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Most US vets accept that those shots last at least 3 years and are OK with that schedule.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Sarah, my mom heard about seal oil, ultra high in Omega 3s n gud things and has ordered soem for cute lil me. I am allergic to fish so she doesn't dare give me fish oil!

Wondering if you ever heard of or used this?

bendy

SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

no, never heard of the seal oil stuff.

have a question, I talked to the vet today, and will do more album. 4 of the 5 week old still have the running squirts and we have to bath them after each BM and little tinge of bloody muscucs. after then course of album(sp) we'll get fecal checks again.

the vet said in our case to order the Panluke 5 way would be just fine for the babies. I forgot to ask him what size syringes ... they are sold separately and it will be for little kittens what size do you use on kittens, and then on adults?

was going to PM this but maybe the answer would help others in our situation that are trying to do the best we can.

thanks, I will be in and out, just got back from vets, and also doing flea spots and ear checks today (well care) and then black smith is coming later afternoon for my horse.

hugs to all