Oooohhh The Weather Outside is FrightFul

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Oooohhh The Weather Outside is FrightFul

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

But the Fire is soooo Delightful! WAIT! I don't have a fireplace!

We are a balmy 63 with a high of 70 today and a low tonight of FREEZING! We are under a tornado watch! We are about a foot over in our rainfall for the year and I haven't empted the kiddy pool from the last time yet! If I leave it, maybe we'll have a skating pond tomorrow :(.

The Weather is insane! My sister is flying in tomorrow from CT. I HOPE HOPE HOPE the storm doesn't head NY way!

Howz the weather in your world?
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Re: Oooohhh The Weather Outside is FrightFul

Post by Christine »

It has been raining long and steady all night long. The electric went out for 2 hours. I was going to tell you turn on Channel 3 as it is a fireplace with Christmas carols - bet I could find that on line :mrgreen:

We are getting ready to open our presents. This will be a year of pictures and gift certificates in boxes, but fun all the same. I, personally, am looking forward to a clean slate and brand new beginning in 2010. I don't make resolutions, but I do plan to make some changes and not break any more promises to myself.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08

There is no better gift, imho, than a gift card to wallyworld!

HAPPIEST OF HAPPIES!

I got a camera from my sainted sistah and took some pics. Now I have to figure out how to get them out :) :)
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Tornado watch in December? That's some strange weather! We've had high winds the past couple of days. It was supposed to get down to freezing last night but it doesn't look like it did. I didn't try to cover the plants because I figured the wind would just blow the sheets away. :roll:

There is something down here called Cedar Fever that people get when it freezes in the Hill Country and the cedar trees shed their pollen. Lots of people came down with it during the last couple of days including me. I've got everything for Christmas dinner but I won't to be cooking today. I feel sorry for the women who have families and are sick now and still have to cook. Usually Cedar Fever hits earlier in the year, must have been the wind that brought it in.

Christine, I can't imagine you breaking promises to yourself...really? I don't make resolutions either, but I have a couple of areas I need to focus on.
connie

Post by connie »

frightful weather in arkansas also this year. we broke a rainfall record. my mom's street was flooded worse than ever, only way to get to her and the elderly i take care of , was to pull shoes off and roll up pants and wade very deep water. boy was that water cold! it ruined christmas for so many in my town, they were not able to get out of homes and lots of homes had water in them.. but hey we are alive, we are healthy, and most like me have a great pet! i had to drive in terrible rainstorm in order to get my nephew to the jail to see his mom . that was something i don't ever want to do again, but he needed to see her. christmas was hard on him, but i tried so hard to help him through it. you know pals, we never know what we can do till we HAVE TO! my car broke down 5 times so far this month, again this morning, my eye glasses broke christmas eve, last night my locks on my door broke, so many small things happening. lol. makes ya wonder huh? lol.
but i watch the news, see how hard life is for so many others. i layed in bed last night and cricket and i had a long talk about troubles, he was curled up to me, looking into my eyes, every time i stopped talking he would give me a lick on the cheek and a whine. so i know the boy was trying to tell me, " hey mom , you got me, look at how well and happy i am" lol.
he had a wonderful christmas, when i emptyed his stocking, he went berserk, so many toys to play with. camera still not working or you could have shared my fun. he was a sight, going from one toy to the next. everyone who comes in my door has to sit down and play with them or he gets mad. lol.
even with bad weather i hope you each had a great day and i wish you and all your familys and fur kids a great, happy, healthy, joyful 2010. may this new year open the eyes of so many humans and get them to adopt or care for a handicapped pet.
cricket and i send each of you a big hug and a special doggie slurp
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
connie& cricket
CO
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Let's see ... where to begin ....

We have had almost two solid weeks of arctic temperatures. The eggs in the henhouse would crack and freeze within minutes of being laid. We now have an oilheater in there. Right now, we are in the middle of an ice storm since the temperature dared to go up to around zero and a nice cold air mass from the north is trying to make everything icy again. I have a bag of salt near the front door, as many animals as possible inside, and lots of candles.

We are staying put today and enjoying some time by the woodstove.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Well, we had 2 feet of snow last weekend, and a ton of rain since yesterday. Stuff's all flooded.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

don't hate me:
78F sun, fresh air , y'all can come over with your pets I have a big fenced in yard, let's party :party:
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy

puremutt, wellllll..... I spent the day at the airport watchin flights cancel right before my eyes.

Lisa, unreal. I have a friend (story, get your cuppa) who went to a HS reunion, I'm thinking 30th. Met an old beau and married him. Moved from SOUTH CAROLINA to the UPPER PENINSULA! Their cows have to wear UDDER SHIELDS! I told Carol to dress extra warmly, wouldn't want hers to freeze and fall off!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
kodiblue

Post by kodiblue »

Puremutt, do you need a roommate??? We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground. Temp this morning when I got up was 0, now about 6. Was -6 last night. I am moving back to Wa. state, puget sound and I can't wait.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

yes bring your pet(s).
how do you guys in those freezing conditions, let your dogs out?
I can't imagine to go outside to walk the dog before bedtime!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
connie

Post by connie »

wheeeeeeeee, road trip everyone, we are all invited to puremutt's house and warmer weather. lol lol.
one night with my brat and i would be kicked out . lol
hugs, connie

My sister is here for a week in Monarch at Sea Pines. Heated outdoor jaccuzzis the crazy nuthruners are using! She IS sorry she didn't pack her gloves! It is SOOOO COLD HERE! The high never gets above 50! Freezing again tonight. Cat wants to come in but afraid of that crazy Tillman.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

A week ago here it was sunny and warm--35 degrees. I had to laugh at 35 feeling warm!! Ain't that a shame??!!! :lol:
Jane Scott

Post by Jane Scott »

No kidding the weather is frightful up here in Canada. Tuesday morning found me standing shivering at the bus stop in minus 20 celsius (I think that's about 12 degrees in fahrenheit) the wind was whipping my scarf around, my old eyes were streaming from the cold and the tears were frozen to my face. Welcome to Ottawa!!! I'm almost thankful that I now have a horrible cold, stopped into the pharmacy for Buckley's and Advil this morning. I have a feeling I'm going to be in bed long before midnight! No partying for me this year - just a warm dog (and hubby of course) to snuggle on the couch with.
Wishing you all a wonderful new year - health, happiness, prosperity for everyone.
Cheers, Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"