Pink Eye

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Christine

Pink Eye

Post by Christine »

Yesterday, at work, my contact started irritating my eye (I only wear one). I finally took it out for the day. By noon, my eye was totally red, by 3:00, it felt like I had a ton of sand and a few glass shards in there and I left work. Came home and took two benedryl and went straight to bed and slept thru until this morning. That eye is tearing constantly and I can barely look at light (I am wearing sunglasses over my glasses!).

Trying to decide between calling my eye doctor and my regular doctor and dreading the bill from either, but I definitely cannot go into work without getting this fixed. Any thoughts?? (I am almost positive it is pink eye as I got it one time years ago.)
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
connie

Re: Pink Eye

Post by connie »

oh you poor thing, i never had it., but have family that did and they say it is painful. both had to see the doctor.
please see to it, your eyesight is valuable . will be thinking of you pal. cricket sends you a wet slopper kiss.
hugs, connie and cricket
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just got back from my eye doctor (I love him!). I am a wimp and could not take the pain anymore. It is either a virus or bacteria, but rather than making me pay $300 for testing, he is treating to cover either way. Both are highly contagious so can't go back to work until it stops tearing. I am off to bed with benadryl and eye drops.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
connie

Post by connie »

awwwwww chris, so sorry for ya. glad you went to dr. wish you lived closer, i'd fix ya some soup and loan ya cricket to cuddle with . only time he is a good boy. lol
take care my friend, stay in bed and rest.
hugs, connie and cricket
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

My first guess wouldhave been conjunctivitis.

My eyeballs bleed.With sicken regularity. Asked my RN sis if this meand stroke. She referred me to the med website.
Geezle peets. Hopefully you will find relief. The boric acid eyewashes give me the MOST relief. My eyeballs are in constant seige.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Sure sounds like pink eye, RX.eye drops from the doc should clear it up within 24 hours.
Get lots of rest and get well soon!
Love
Caroline
Christine

Post by Christine »

The scratchies are gone and the color is a soft pink rather than an angry red. Can't wait to be able to put my contact back in (after disinfecting it with peroxide, that is). Thanks everybody!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
connie

Post by connie »

christine,
cricket and i were wondering how the eye is? hope your back to normal and pain free. weather better today, melted a lot, but oh the morning , when it is all froze over again. lol. SCREAMS>>>>>>>> ready for spring!!!! lol
thinking of ya pal, take care.,
connie & cricket
Christine

Post by Christine »

Funny you should ask. The pain and light sensitivity is gone, but it is still to scratchy to put my contact back in and the other one is getting itchy. Doc adjusted the meds and I may have to go see him again...DERN!!!

I hope you got your little survival kit together - I hate that you are out in that weather. Take care of yourself and give that little fuzzy butt a smoochie for me!
?/1999 - 10/25/08