Thanks to Carol, here is another incident with the Snuggle Safe discs with no support from the company. I am over being amazed that they do not want to own up, improve or stop making them, but I am still amazed at the reactions of many of the consumers finding blame with those of us trying to inform them of the danger.
1.0 out of 5 stars
This product is not safe
Byshadowlight79on December 12, 2015
This product is not safe. I purchased 2 of these items at the same time for my outdoor animals because it was supposed to be safer than using a heating pad or heating lamp that plugs in. Both of my microwaves are 650 watts and according to the instructions it is to only be heated for 8 minutes. The first microwave disk we put in the microwave without the fleece cover. It was only in the microwave for 5 minutes and it literally exploded with burning hot liquid and the pink plastic disk melted to the bottom of the microwave. It made the microwave spark and it set off the smoke alarms. I had to open the microwave to stop the potential fire as the explosion of liquid apparently shorted out my microwave. All of the hot liquid of course came pouring out and splattered all over me and the stove below. I got burned. I had to use a spatula to remove the pink disk and a litany of paper towels and a putty knife to clean the liquid off of everything. And mind you when the "liquid" cools it turns into a hard gel that has to be scrapped off of everything. I tooks pics. It melted through the garbage can, stunk up the house, ruined the microwave and stove top. I contacted the manufacturer via email and they never responded. They are located in England by the way. I flagged the emails so I know they read them. After a week I sucked it up, paid a fortune to call them, and called them and told them what happened. First they said I must've used it wrong. They said I must have put it in for too long. I said no. Then they said well I must have reused it to soon and didn’t give it time to cool down. I said NO this was the FIRST time we have ever used it. Then they said something must've been wrong with my microwave. After some back and forth they said that perhaps the ONE item was defective because at the time I had purchased TWO and we were still using the other one with no issues YET. The manufacturer would do nothing to help replace the microwave or anything else that the disk damaged and they were less than friendly.
Two weeks later the second snuggle safe did the exact same thing the first one did. Literally same issue. The item was completely cool as we let 12 hours pass before reheating, due to being paranoid over what happened last time with the other disk.
It was only in the microwave for 4 minutes and per the instructions this microwave was safe to heat the item for 8 minutes. It didn't even make it that long. And just so you know, we were using a brand new microwave since the first one was completely destroyed by the other snuggle safe. The manufacturer did not respond via email so I called AGAIN. I was not treated very well. I was told that we must've over heated it or there was an issue with my microwave, etc. I explained to them well first off even if we were stupid and over heated it the first time (which we most certainly did not) we wouldn't be stupid enough to do it a SECOND TIME. And this was a new microwave. Both microwaves were not defective. The snuggle safe is defective. I went over everything that happened. I was hung up on.
The manufacturer or at least the lady that answered for them made no effort to correct this. They made no apologies for my destroyed microwaves, the burns from trying to clean the liquid and stop a fire from it shorting out the microwave, the nasty smell in the house, the hours of cleaning, melted garbage can, etc etc.
If you look at the pics you will see the disk flattens and has melted to the bottom of the microwave, and all that shiny stuff is the burning hot liquid dripping out all over the place. The dried up scaly stuff is what dripped all over the stove and as it dries it hardens and sticks and is BEYOND difficult to remove.